• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official * Pakistan vs New Zealand 2023

Moss

International Vice-Captain
A hundred was there for the taking really. Well played Will Young, they better not see this as proof of him being a regular opening bat though.

Flem274*

123/5
A hundred was there for the taking really. Well played Will Young, they better not see this as proof of him being a regular opening bat though.
KW out throws a spanner in the works. After seeing the 3-5 combos written down I'm keen af for Conway to bat #3. He's big dog now.

That means we need an opener. Latham is almost certain to bat #5 with the responsibility for that end of the batting order, which leaves Young, Bowes and maybe Mitchell. I think the selectors see this as a straight shoot out between Bowes and Young.

It's a shame Ravindra won't get a run as opener here. He sucks at white ball cricket because he bats with his **** out but if he could get it together he would be a talented player who also provides the 3rd or even 4th spin option.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a tough one. But should we really be removing Conway from a position that he appears to of made his own?
Always dangerous to change from what is known to succeed in an attempt to make it even better.
Got a feeling selectors will go with Devon up front and build the team around him.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
KW out throws a spanner in the works. After seeing the 3-5 combos written down I'm keen af for Conway to bat #3. He's big dog now.
I could see the logic in this if the WC was in SENA but with it being in India I think leaving him as opener is fine. Young should bat 3 IMO.

The Hutt Rec

It's a tough one. But should we really be removing Conway from a position that he appears to of made his own?
Always dangerous to change from what is known to succeed in an attempt to make it even better.
Got a feeling selectors will go with Devon up front and build the team around him.
Totally, and Allen and Conway work so well together at the top of the order.

I actually like that order I posted earlier despite Flem’s sad reacts. Mitchell is the type who will be able to handle 3 and do the job there. Latham in at four to bat the middle spin overs (I see 5 as too low for that role). Then Chapman in at five to start some icing.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Totally, and Allen and Conway work so well together at the top of the order.

I actually like that order I posted earlier despite Flem’s sad reacts. Mitchell is the type who will be able to handle 3 and do the job there. Latham in at four to bat the middle spin overs (I see 5 as too low for that role). Then Chapman in at five to start some icing.
The batting lineup still seems a total mystery at this stage, and maybe Phillips is in contention?
Devon's a star at the top, moving him to 3 in an attempt to accommodate other players just doesn't feel right.

Flem274*

123/5
I could see the logic in this if the WC was in SENA but with it being in India I think leaving him as opener is fine. Young should bat 3 IMO.
It could be my SENA influence but #3 is the spine of the side and I don't think the new boys should be anywhere near it. Mitchell perhaps, but I'd rather Young at #4 than at #3. Conway is by far the best batsman in the side and I want him in the spine position.

Young isn't going to score 150* to win a World Cup final at #3. His 80 is more useful at #4 or opening.

i know we're not winning the wc but you can't show up accepting losertown.

Howsie

International Captain
Haven’t watched any of this tour, nor the limited overs series against Sri Lanka but can someone explain to me why Bowes is getting the Michael Bracewell treatment?

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Haven’t watched any of this tour, nor the limited overs series against Sri Lanka but can someone explain to me why Bowes is getting the Michael Bracewell treatment?
Good question...he's dining out on that nice looking 50 he scored the other day.

Moss

Fantastic from Mitchell, didn't see him as a no.3 but well done. Got the acceleration going when Latham was struggling.

Naseem's bowled really well today, deserved a wicket. Beaten the batsmen regularly with pace and movement.

Flem274*

123/5
Fantastic from Mitchell, didn't see him as a no.3 but well done. Got the acceleration going when Latham was struggling.

Naseem's bowled really well today, deserved a wicket. Beaten the batsmen regularly with pace and movement.
He's batted in the top order a few times now across all formats and done well.

It's odd a guy who's core strategy is walking at bowlers and boofing them over their heads to avoid getting caught on the crease is doing so well everywhere he bats but it's very funny and very fun so I'm cool with it.