• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official * Pakistan vs New Zealand 2023

Moss

International Vice-Captain
320 not looking especially likely now, maybe 300 if Mitchell can get one final burst of acceleration in.

Not a great situation for Nicholls to come in. Might be worth getting Henry in there.

Moss

The pitch probably a bit slower than it appears, doesn't look easy to come and out and blast the bowling (though Pakistan's death bowling is pretty great). Pace off the way to go for NZ.

Moss

Bad start from Milne, not finding his line to the left handers.

Think he and Henry would've grasped by now testing the middle of the pitch is not a good idea.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Ah yes Nicholls the finisher ?‍♂

I swear Stead just sits at home some nights trying to figure out ways to squeeze this goof into the team.
Truth. It's painful.

But to be far to him, he shouldn't be batting at 6. Him at 6 and Ravindra at 7 is shambolic. Utterly shambolic.

thundaboult

International Debutant
hmm, young opening? why? ......get rachin to do that.....

chapman at 4, young at 3, latham at his regular 5, and

nicholls at 18... FOH fam ugh

anyhow, pleased to see young making it count, he has IT for odi's and should be in there defo, darryll mitchell...well...its darryll mitchell ?

ataraxia

International Coach
We have quite a kerfuffle for ODI positions #4–6 – even though we don't really have a proper #4 now, there's enough middle-order quality to balance it out and more. Latham, Mitchell, Phillips, Chapman, Clarkson.
hmm, who should we put at 5 and 6... world cup preparation time... I know! My boi Nicholls and young spinner Ravindra! [edit: 6 and 7. Much better?]

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Last 15 overs cost NZ badly. We cannot afford to have guys in our middle order who can't find the boundary in the final dig so hopefully we learn this before the WC. Especially poor almost unforgivable innings from skipper Latham of 20 off 35.

Positives obviously Young & Mitchell.

thundaboult

International Debutant
Last 15 overs cost NZ badly. We cannot afford to have guys in our middle order who can't find the boundary in the final dig so hopefully we learn this before the WC. Especially poor almost unforgivable innings from skipper Latham of 20 off 35.

Positives obviously Young & Mitchell.
Yeah nicholls at 6 and ravindra at 7 seems is not looking like a boundary hitting combo. Hell even Neesh seems better for that especially in place of Nicholls who I am sick to death of at this point in any NZ squad. Wayyyy too hot and cold in tests and useless in LO's. Ffs fly in Josh Clarkson.

Flem274*

123/5
Good work Pakistan looks like a well crafted chase.

Yeah I did think our bowling might struggle on that deck. Just not enough reliability in it.

thierry henry

International Coach
Looks like we should’ve made 320+ but got no acceleration from the middle/lower order

Obvious solution would be to drop Chapman

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
To paraphrase Einstein - Will Young is a genius, but if you appoint Gary Stead and he judges this fish on its ability to climb a tree, ol' Steady will believe it is useless.

Great to see noted finishers Nicholls and Ravindra bat 6 and 7. Well done, Gary. Of course, if you asked him, he'd say he had no other options, and Henry has done the job before.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I really hope the past month will be the end of the "Ravindra is really a spinner who bats a bit" experiment, but somehow I feel that'll only happen once Stead gets canned.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Chapman is batting too low in the order. Ridiculous. Latham was out there batting like it was a test match, soaking up crucial balls and overs. ffs.

Immenso

I really really really hope they don't move Nicholls from 6 in this tour. To better accommodate his skills. E.g. promoted to 4 or 5, knock it around during middle overs at strike rate of 70ish or 80ish and get out as soon as the slog begins. E.g. the easiest job in cricket where you look 'good', fly under the radar and cop no heat.

I don't want him there at all, therefore if he is there and in the 11, then 6 is best so that others get an actual opportunity. Well, actually, 7 or 8 would be better than 6.