• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official * Pakistan vs New Zealand 2023

Flem274*

123/5
I know he's not a popular inclusion to begin with but I don't see how Henry Nicholls is being set up to succeed by putting him at #6.

Same with Ravindra at #7.

Bowes
Ravindra
Young
Nicholls
Latham (wk)
Chapman (finisher for Auckland often)
Mitchell

Seems a more sensible top 7.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
I know he's not a popular inclusion to begin with but I don't see how Henry Nicholls is being set up to succeed by putting him at #6.

Same with Ravindra at #7.

Bowes
Ravindra
Young
Nicholls
Latham (wk)
Chapman (finisher for Auckland often)
Mitchell

Seems a more sensible top 7.
Yeah 100%. Practically everyone seems to be playing out of position as per the scorecard. Ravindra unfortunately is being looked at as a batting allrounder version of Santner which is just wrong.

I wouldn't mind Nicholls opening (just for this series) and bringing in Neesham at 6 or 7 either.

Flem274*

123/5
Did anyone else just get a 5 hour movie trailer that ran for most of the over on sky?

Never heard of that movie in my life. Would give it a spin tbh but keep your movie **** off my live sport.

Moss

I wonder if that 3, 4, 5 of Mitchell, Latham, Chapman is possibly what we'll get at the World Cup, with Allen and Conway opening ...
Mike Hesson said he was in favour of Guptill making a comeback. Wouldn't be the worst move, if Boult is in the frame then that shouldn't prevent Guptill from being consideration either. Otherwise Nicholls and Young are playing for one spot in the top 3 you feel.

vandem

International 12th Man
Nicholls and Rachin at 6 and 7 in this lineup with a bunch of actual 5s and 6s ahead of them from 3 to 5 is so dumb.
It's about prep for the World Cup in India, where Phillips + Santner will be at #6 and #7 (or possibly Phillips Macewell Santner 6 7 8 and only 2 quicks + Sodhi). I suspect either Young-Mitchell-Latham or Mitchell-Latham-Chapman at 3-4-5, unless Young has a string of failures and Nicholls has a couple of match winning innings.

Nicholls and Ravindra will be non-travelling World Cup reserves, so in this series they get shoved into gaps in the starting XI.

Immenso

I wouldn't want Nicholls higher up the order, stealing time/balls from younger guys. Fuchs that.

Flem274*

123/5
Good knock so far from my boi.

I know he has been middling at best in ODIs thus far but Daryl Mitchell just looks like a man who will win the World Cup Final off his own bat. Big dick energy radiates from the man. I want him in there, somewhere.

Haven't seen such intelligence combined with ease of ability to "bye mother****er" a **** over long on from a kiwi batsman since Chris Cairns last batted with his brain. He combines the best parts of Lord Colin and Grant Elliott into one scruffy, ugly, glorious man.