• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan vs Australia in the UAE 2018

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
if Shaun Marsh just improves this one aspect of his game I think he'll be a test player for years to come

Howe_zat

Audio File
The run out is one of the funniest I've ever seen, and I'm surprised to see people comparing it to the Bell incident for lots of reasons

- The ball went nowhere near the boundary and Starc threw it back immediately, as oppose to Praveen Kumar retrieving it as though he'd just picked it out of a hedge

- The ball was obviously live to everyone except the batsman, as oppose to in the Bell case where the umpire was in the middle of giving the bowler his jumper back and several fielders were also walking in for the end of the session

- Paine whips the bails off immediately and runs around celebrating, as oppose to Dhoni sheepishly considering it for a few moments because he knows he's in the wrong to even try and run Bell out

Stapel

International Regular
The run out is one of the funniest I've ever seen, and I'm surprised to see people comparing it to the Bell incident for lots of reasons

- The ball went nowhere near the boundary and Starc threw it back immediately, as oppose to Praveen Kumar retrieving it as though he'd just picked it out of a hedge

- The ball was obviously live to everyone except the batsman, as oppose to in the Bell case where the umpire was in the middle of giving the bowler his jumper back and several fielders were also walking in for the end of the session

- Paine whips the bails off immediately and runs around celebrating, as oppose to Dhoni sheepishly considering it for a few moments because he knows he's in the wrong to even try and run Bell out
In addition to the action at the boundary: IMHO, it looked like Praveen had lost the ball and simply assumed it had bounced back into the field of the rope.

I thought Australia were supposed to be playing fair now? It's the fault of Ali, but not the point. It's not a proper wicket. Withdraw the appeal and play like a man. Do Australia want to play cricket as a sport? If not then let's bar them from international cricket. They will try any underhand tactics available to them to gain an advantage. Embarrassed themselves again. It's not in the spirit of the game of cricket. Once more Australia have disgraced themselves.

Wait: I realised it was Ali that kicked it off middle peg. Ignore the above. Australia were within their right to celebrate. Ali was already out.

Last edited: