• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan vs Australia in the UAE 2018

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
heh was just thinking about that incident
Everyone involved in the episode was a moron. Bell for wandering out of his crease before the ball was returned, the Trentbridge crowd for booing a legitimate dismissal, Strauss and Flower for having the gall to ask Dhoni to reconsider the appeal, Dhoni for agreeing to it, and most of all the journalists who praised him for doing so.

And this was the day after Dhoni shovelwhipped a half volley to slip while Dravid looked like scoring 250 at the other end. Worst ****. Threw away any chance of coming back into the series just for the satisfaction of being perceived as a "gentleman". St Sachin apparently was the one who convinced Dhoni too, unsurprisingly.

Last edited:
3M rule needs looked at. You can't be kicking it off middle peg and getting NO from the third ump. I guess Starc is injured by the scorecard. This Australia team looks a mess. Going to take them a long time (possibly won't ever happen) to figure their best team.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Everyone involved in the episode was a moron. Bell for wandering out of his crease before the ball was returned, the Trentbridge crowd for booing a legitimate dismissal, Strauss and Flower for having the gall to ask Dhoni to reconsider the appeal, Dhoni for agreeing to it, and most of all the journalists who praised him for doing so.

And this was the day after Dhoni shovelwhipped a half volley to slip while Dravid looked like scoring 250 at the other end. Worst ****. Threw away any chance of coming back into the series just for the satisfaction of being perceived as a "gentleman". St Sachin apparently was the one who convinced Dhoni too, unsurprisingly.
There were a few supporters for Dhoni here too during that incident. If I remember right, Silentstriker and I were the most furious about it and venting it here.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
3M rule needs looked at. You can't be kicking it off middle peg and getting NO from the third ump. I guess Starc is injured by the scorecard. This Australia team looks a mess. Going to take them a long time (possibly won't ever happen) to figure their best team.
Re: the 3m rule, I don’t understand why they showed the trajectory of the ball after it hit the pad. When it goes on to hit the stumps, just feels like it’s trolling the bowling side and creates unnecessary angst.

Burgey

The whole video review thing needs a look at.

Last night during the second most comical run out of this test, the third umpire says “check if he’s (Shah) touched the ball first.”

No mate, see if the batsman is in first, because if he’s in then that’s the end of it, whether it’s been touched (sometimes difficult to tell) or not.

Burgey

Labushagne is far from the worst part time leggie isn’t he? Doesn’t bowl much filth.

Burgey

So if Starc is ok to bowl now, why didn’t he bowl session one? Or is he about to properly tear the hammy and be out for the summer?

Bijed

International Regular

Spark

Global Moderator
There were a few supporters for Dhoni here too during that incident. If I remember right, Silentstriker and I were the most furious about it and venting it here.
In fairness I think there was genuine confusion over what exactly happened there. No such thing here, they simply decided not to run for some bizarre reason.