• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan v New Zealand in the UAE 2014

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This bowling attack isn't winning Test matches away.
Yeah, certainly not in Australia, South Africa, England or New Zealand. Junaid Khan is by far their best quick and he's currently injured though so he'd make a difference.

End of the day though, with how badly all the teams bar South Africa are going in half the away venues, winning all their home and subcontinent series would be more than enough to claim #2. Easier said than done but possible with this side.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Yeah, certainly not in Australia, South Africa, England or New Zealand. Junaid Khan is by far their best quick and he's currently injured though so he'd make a difference.

End of the day though, with how badly all the teams bar South Africa are going in half the away venues, winning all their home and subcontinent series would be more than enough to claim #2. Easier said than done but possible with this side.
With Amir (and maybe Asif) we can win away.

smash84

The Tiger King

This attack ain't winning anything outside the uae. Not in Pakistan. Not anywhere

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Yeah, your right WW. In retrospect, beating a minnow like WI shouldn't have raised our expectations about our chances here.
A lot of people are having a go but what did i say that wasn't factually correct?

1. Do india travel well? NO

2. were we missing key players like Gayle, Roach, Taylor, Benn etc in NZ? yes

3. Did our selectors contrive to ban Narine and then change a winning side for the third test? yes

What did i say that wasn't a fact? if anyone wants to dispute what i said instead of aiming abuse then go ahead...but i still stand by it.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I would not be too disappointed if I was a nz fan. The team has done great off late. Beating Asian teams in conditions favourable to them is one tough challenge. Teams can grow into beating them after some experience but at the very outset. It is a developing nz side.

Last edited:

ImpatientLime

International Regular

wrt england

if india and sri lanka's attacks are winning games in england then so is this pakistan attack.

on the other hand i don't like pakistan's chances against anderson and broad

DriveClub

International Regular
If Amir makes a comeback Junaid, Amir, Wahab/Rahat and Shah will be a potent attack overseas but 3 left armers will look wierd for whatever reason

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A lot of people are having a go but what did i say that wasn't factually correct?

3. Did our selectors contrive to ban Narine and then change a winning side for the third test? yes

What did i say that wasn't a fact? if anyone wants to dispute what i said instead of aiming abuse then go ahead...but i still stand by it.
And we're responding with facts saying that WI lost to NZ home and away, were embarassed in India, and are a terrible team, and have been for a decade. Cold facts, That's all

Flem274*

123/5
Misbah and YK cope with bounce more than say, MoYo though.

Hafeez and Shehzad aren't a hope in hell but the rest are. Asad Shafiq's main problem is turning 30s and 40s into big scores.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We'll see what transpires in the next two tests but perhaps NZ's "rise" was a bit premature? lets look at it...

1. At home they beat a WI side with half it's best players missing

2. At home they beat an India side who don't travel well

3. away they beat a WI side intent on killing themselves

That's hardly proving much is it? there was no variaty in this recent good spell....two wins against a lower ranked side and one win against a side who can't perform outside their roads...

It wasn't long ago England and SA beat NZ just as bad if not worser than what Pak are doing now...so maybe NZ's true standing is a little inbetween the two? can pull off the odd decent performance but more often than not come up short against the very top teams.

No doubt..there's a lot to work with there but finding a partner for Latham seems an issue, mccullum seems to be on the decline and Neesham/Anderson shouldn't be in anyones top six imo.

Watling, Southee and Boult are decent when they are on form but like we've discussed before the spin department is a major concern aswell...bottom line is until these areas of concern are addressed it's always gonna be one step forward and two back methinks.
What? those are my views!...like it or lump it it matters not 8-) .
as long as you don't start abusing people whilst getting emotional that's fine Flem!!..

But as i said don't get too down about this mate Pakistan are a good side.
India lost to them too but i digress.