• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Official' Pakistan in West Indies

Blaze 18

Banned
Why on earth does the MoM award always seem to go to a dude from the winning side? You can't pick eleven wickets and not win it!

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I hope the next test is also a bowling wicket. Will teach our pathetic batsmen a lesson. Couldn't even use their feet ffs. Needed Sadaf Hussain for this match, he would have been really good. Ashoker needs to be permanently removed. Don't ever want to see his ugly mug ever again.

Congrats to the West Indies supporters.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Gotta love Jimmy Adams. He's on comm duty in our Sky studio and was asked if Ajmal had been the most enjoyable bowler on display.

" 'Enjoyable' isn't the word I'd used to describe his bowling."

Glad to see Jimmy got the memo. :cool:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Replace their openers with Gayle and Barath and things start looking quite decent for WI. Now with Bishoo in, they have variety in their attack to back up their pace bowling depth.
With those two back in strengthens their batting a lot.

Though the middle order and the keeper are still a relative weakness.

But then they have Simmons,Dwayne Bravo,Taylor/edwards,Samuels,Benn,Miller etc.. as decent backup alternatives too.

But can trust the WICB selectors and the board to not build from here ,but mess things up.
Which in fact is true of both these teams.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Whoever decided the MotM winner has criminally low IQ.

You can't just decide who wins Motm based on the last Innings, watch the whole game ffs.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Wow, talk about irony!

"Yousuf, defying a treacherous pitch quite unsuited for this level of cricket, gave a masterful demonstration of batting to record the 30th century of his first-class career. So fine an innings was this that Ashley Giles, hardly one prone to hyperbole, described it as "the best I've seen in difficult conditions." It was, in Giles' words "proper class."

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
MoTM is a fairly meaningless gong anyway. I guess there must be some awkwardness for a player from the losing team to stand there and talk about how well he batted/bowled when his team couldn't pull off the result. Doubt they give a ****.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
@ Outswinger@Pace
Irony indeed.

But if he did indeed affect team morale badly, it is better that Pakistan move on from Yousuf now.

He has been poor in test cricket for a while and was involved in bad politics in the team allegedly.
Can't just keep going back to him at every bump that comes in the way .Should look at the future now.

Btw, exactly what problem do the Pakistani selectors have with Fawad Alam?

Has done decently in 3 tests.Has a decent ODI record too and a brilliant FC record.

Is a pretty handy bowler too. Surely he deserves a look and a run in the team?.

Are there any discipline issues?

Bun

Banned
As long as you're basing it on performance, Sammy doesn't deserve any consideration for the award. Sammy took a 5-fer and was decent in the first Innings. Ajmal was brilliant in both Innings with a 5-fer and a 6-fer
impact on the match. he rallied the troops pretty well, and on the crucial day, when bishoo didnt turn up as expected, took it upon himself...

Austerlitz

U19 Debutant
@ Outswinger@Pace
Irony indeed.

But if he did indeed affect team morale badly, it is better that Pakistan move on from Yousuf now.

He has been poor in test cricket for a while and was involved in bad politics in the team allegedly.
Can't just keep going back to him at every bump that comes in the way .Should look at the future now.

Has done decently in 3 tests.Has a decent ODI record too and a brilliant FC record.

Looks very ugly when batting,similar to a tailender.That may be one reason.Other than that no one ever held PCB in high esteem for competence anyway.8-)

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
@ Outswinger@Pace
Irony indeed.

Can't just keep going back to him at every bump that comes his way .Should look at the future now.

Fawad Alam and Asim Kamal are two baffling cases for me as well. Asim Kamal is especially suited (temperamentally) to last on a pitch like the one we saw at the Providence.

Too many players seem to have "issues" with the Board. There have been a lot of allegations flying around, but nothing conclusive was revealed. A player of Yousuf's calibre cannot be lost so easily.

I am not sure how much of this is attributable to poor management by the board. If so many players are getting on wrong terms with the Board, then clearly all of them cannot be at fault. Maybe, it is time to ask some tough questions of men who are not used to answering much.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Looks very ugly when batting,similar to a tailender.That may be one reason.Other than that no one ever held PCB in high esteem for competence anyway.8-)
You are exaggerating a bit from what i have seen.

In any case who cares how he looks as long as he gets the runs?

Just look at Gambhir and Dhoni for example.
Atleast he has shown he can score runs and big innings at first class level.

Besides it's not like Pakistan have a bunch of Sachin Tendulkar's playing for them at the moment.:p

Austerlitz

U19 Debutant
You are exaggerating a bit from what i have seen.

In any case who cares how he looks as long as he gets the runs?

Just look at Gambhir and Dhoni for example.
Atleast he has shown he can score runs and big innings at first class level.

Besides it's not like Pakistan have a bunch of Sachin Tendulkar's playing for them at the moment.:p
I just said he's aesthetically unpleasant,certainly not that he's not capable.
That decision is as always made by the dear PCB.

smash84

The Tiger King
Fawad Alam and Asim Kamal are two baffling cases for me as well. Asim Kamal is especially suited (temperamentally) to last on a pitch like the one we saw at the Providence.

Too many players seem to have "issues" with the Board. There have been a lot of allegations flying around, but nothing conclusive was revealed. A player of Yousuf's calibre cannot be lost so easily.

I am not sure how much of this is attributable to poor management by the board. If so many players are getting on wrong terms with the Board, then clearly all of them cannot be at fault. Maybe, it is time to ask some tough questions of men who are not used to answering much.
The PCB chairman is a political appointee. This system is not improving unless our political system improves which does not seem to be happening in the near future.