• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Official' Pakistan in West Indies

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think they should give Ajmal the MoTM. Hard to overlook 11 wickets. Either him or Sammy IMO.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Ajmal the most deserving candidate for MotM by far. Will be a disgrace if anyone else gets it, IMO.

I suspect it will but I'll keep my hopes up.

vcs

Credit to both teams (and the curator) for producing a very entertaining contest.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I think they should give Ajmal the MoTM. Hard to overlook 11 wickets. Either him or Sammy IMO.
As long as you're basing it on performance, Sammy doesn't deserve any consideration for the award. Sammy took a 5-fer and was decent in the first Innings. Ajmal was brilliant in both Innings with a 5-fer and a 6-fer

Austerlitz

U19 Debutant
One thing i never saw was pakistani batsmen using their wrists to flick towards mid on to the inswinger.Instead lamely put their pad in the way and got trapped.
Lack of application/

Blaze 18

Banned
I must confess I didn't think this West Indies side could beat Pakistan. Credit where it's due. Congrats to the West Indian fans. Commiserations to the Pakistanis - only have themselves to blame, really. A great opportunity to win their maiden test series in West Indies - perhaps their best ever, considering the strength of this West Indian side - and they've blown it.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
margin of loss 40 runs.........how much was the WI last wicket stand????
Yeah, that's what nailed it. It was not just the runs, to be honest. In the context, the no. 11 Bishoo scoring 24, stitching a partnership with the best West Indian batsman meant much more.

Once the hosts took the lead over 200, it was always an uphill task. I must say that only one out of all these 22 batsmen looked to completely master the conditions - Misbah in the second innings. It was a top knock regardless of the result.

smash84

The Tiger King
As long as you're basing it on performance, Sammy doesn't deserve any consideration for the award. Sammy took a 5-fer and was decent in the first Innings. Ajmal was brilliant in both Innings with a 5-fer and a 6-fer
Yep......

Btw how many bowlers have taken a 10 fer and ended up on the losing side???

vcs

You could take his captaincy into account. Always a factor in a low-scoring game, defending smallish totals.

smash84

The Tiger King
great test match... a big middle finger to all sammy haters... got to give it to his spirit....
haha.........true that...........as much as I think that Sammy seems to be baggage for the team his performance and spirit must be commended

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
One thing i never saw was pakistani batsmen using their wrists to flick towards mid on to the inswinger.Instead lamely put their pad in the way and got trapped.
Lack of application/

TBH, most of balls were in-cutters (or off-cutters) rather than inswingers. Especially from Sammy. On this kind of a surface, the ball grips and cuts at about 3/4 pace. It's more difficult to negotiate than the inswinger.

And let's be honest here. These guys aren't of the Yousuf, Inzi, Younis, Anwar class that can wristily flick an inswinging or in-cutting ball.

vcs

Lack of application/
Yep, only Umar Akmal did that against Sammy. He was beaten on the forward defensive on his LBW shout, not much you can do when there is so much seam movement.