• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in West Indies 2013

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL 230 was always going to be beyond reach of these dumbos. 190 plus is enough against Pakistan and to think that they opted to bowl first..

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Another Afridi special....hope this time he can carry on and make regular contributions like this....

LOL this just made me laugh..

As long as he manages to pick up wickets regularly, I am fine.. if he scores more than 5 in a match, that's a bonus

Last edited:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
No idea about this series but looking at the scorecard and can't help but think of Samuel's fixing ban when I see his score today.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
WI 261 off 49; Pak 68/2 after 17 - RSP - revised to 31 overs and a target of 189 (i.e. 121 off 14) and the WI are whining about it...?!

What did they want them to be set?!

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Misbah averages something ridiculous like 80+ in successful run chases now. Top 3 iirc, Dhoni averages 100 and Bevan is up there too.

smash84

The Tiger King
WI 261 off 49; Pak 68/2 after 17 - RSP - revised to 31 overs and a target of 189 (i.e. 121 off 14) and the WI are whining about it...?!

What did they want them to be set?!
Exactly, I wasn't sure what the whining was about. It was still a steep target IMO

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Right but the how often do those successful run chases come? is there a stat for that? Not saying its entirely Misbah's fault but Pakistan have been perenially bad chasers.
I think you will find that Dhoni and Bevan have been in those successful chases more often.

smash84

The Tiger King
Dhoni and Bevan are 2 of the best chasers in the history of the game. Unfair for misbah to be compared to them

Daemon

Right but the how often do those successful run chases come? is there a stat for that? Not saying its entirely Misbah's fault but Pakistan have been perenially bad chasers.
I think you will find that Dhoni and Bevan have been in those successful chases more often.
He averages 50+ chasing, so I don't think it's really his fault Pakistan suck at chasing.

Can't believe he still doesn't have a 100 though..

Daemon

What if Johnson Charles actually has a 200 ODI career averaging 35 at an SR of 80+?

boggles the mind

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Why must Pakistan be really bad winning 3-1 away from home?

I only watched bits and pieces of the match, but it seems weird to me that WI decided to recall Devon Smith again. He really doesn't have anything going for him as an ODI player IMO.

Austin3169

Cricket Spectator

I only watched bits and pieces of the match, but it seems weird to me that WI decided to recall Devon Smith again. He really doesn't have anything going for him as an ODI player IMO.
Completely agree. He was poor when he had his first chance in the team, why the hell he's been brought back now I don't know. :wacko:

smash84

The Tiger King

it was a very closely fought series and WI are by no means the top dog in international cricket. They won with a fair bit of difficulty and the batting is just pathetic other than Misbah. The re-induction of Umar Akmal in the team seems like a good decision IMO especially now that he is keeping

Fusion

Global Moderator
Caught the last 2 overs of the T20 match. Exciting finish and a good debut by the old man Babar. Don't really know his story and why it took him this long to debut, but good on him.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Surprised the chucker got the last over. Could never see him defending 6, you'd want someone like Badree who's more likely to bamboozle tailenders and get the required dot balls.