• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand - T20/ODI series - Jan 2016

smash84

The Tiger King
Star was Wasim who hat yet another cracking game. An all rounder who will be very important for Pakistan in the next few years. Shame he missed pretty much all the four day season though, good record in that format as well.
yes but that yorker was just outstanding. A throwback to his good ole days

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Star was Wasim who hat yet another cracking game. An all rounder who will be very important for Pakistan in the next few years. Shame he missed pretty much all the four day season though, good record in that format as well.
In the first 10 overs when everyone was getting smashed, guy bowled 3 overs for 9 runs and 1 wicket. His inclusion completely changes the balance of this side and they no longer have to go for Sohail Tanveer or Anwar Ali. The bowling looks so much more solid without those two clowns.

But overall this was a complete team effort. Don't forget the scintillating knock from Hafeez at the top and a few blows from Afridi and UAkmal

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
In the first 10 overs when everyone was getting smashed, guy bowled 3 overs for 9 runs and 1 wicket. His inclusion completely changes the balance of this side and they no longer have to go for Sohail Tanveer or Anwar Ali. The bowling looks so much more solid without those two clowns.

But overall this was a complete team effort. Don't forget the scintillating knock from Hafeez at the top and a few blows from Afridi and UAkmal
Spot on.

I think the ,main concern going forward is the regression of Maqsood, he seems to be the turning into Jamshed unfortunately. Shezhad at the top will cost Pakistan long term as well, but still plenty of positives with the world cup on the horizon.

Niall

International Coach
We need to kick out shahzad asap. Why the **** is he still in the team in any format?
Best mates with Afridi. I don't mind him to much in tests, even though he will probably fail abroad, he has done pretty well so far in that format. He in t20 is horror though,especially as Hafeez can take his time which means any big chase they always seem to get off to a horror start..

I'd be tempted to go back to Sharjeel for t20, in his last game for them in the format he made 50 off 25 ffs. :laugh:

Last edited:

Bouncer

State Regular
Best mates with Afridi. I don't mind him to much in tests, even though he will probably fail abroad, he has done pretty well so far in that format. He in t20 is horror though,especially as Hafeez can take his time which means any big chase they always seem to get off to a horror start..

I'd be tempted to go back to Sharjeel for t20, in his last game for them in the format he made 50 off 25 ffs. :laugh:

Sharjeel is a Tank and must for T20 and ODI. I personally was pissed when he was dropped from the 11. Yep his fitness is bit Inzi-like but we have terrible fields in the 11 in Maqsood (Who never overly impressed me with his batting either and Gul...who clearly is no longer in physical shape to field in an int'l game. Every-time he ran after the ball, it looked as bad as Sohail Tanveer, Abdul Razaaq (Post 2006 Razaaq).

So we swap Shahzad for Sharjeel....Ammar Yamin for gul and perhaps even Maqsood.....This team will have serious chance in WC>

Howsie

International Captain
how did guptill do nothing wrong? it was kane's call and guptill was standing there ball watching, he would've been running to the safe end anyway
Yep. I really don't know why everyone was putting the blame on Williamson. That was 100 percent on Guptill.

Flem274*

123/5
that was a pretty fun game. well done pakistan. highlights were colin munro scoring more funny runs at #3 and the gesticulations and facials of shahid afridi and umar gul during fielding discussions.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
that was a pretty fun game. well done pakistan. highlights were colin munro scoring more funny runs at #3 and the gesticulations and facials of shahid afridi and umar gul during fielding discussions.
Funny? There's countless better adjectives to describe Munro's hitting in the last couple of games.

Flem274*

123/5
It's funny because he just stands and delivers in a batting position not normally associated with players like him. It's just funny watching unashamed icing score runs up the order ok.

I do think his one off test against South Africa isn't a fair reflection of abilities ftr. Would make an adequate #7 averaging 30ish if he got to play teams that didn't have dale steyn.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's funny because he just stands and delivers in a batting position not normally associated with players like him. It's just funny watching unashamed icing score runs up the order ok.
Because most no.3s at T20 level bat like Geoff Boycott? Again, bizarre comment, he's almost the perfect T20 no.3 the way he's been playing.

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
Losing 5 for 19 ended the match for NZ , too much for the lower order to do. Cory Anderson has he even scored more than 2 since his comeback match ? Ronchi cant buy a run either.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
We need to kick out shahzad asap. Why the **** is he still in the team in any format?
because your favourite cricketer of all time Afridi is best friends with him

From what i hear, the team management and selectors are losing patience with both Selfie and UAkmal. So they better get some runs fast because Afridi is about to retire soon.

Last edited:

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Afridi was awesome. His big over batting was important. His big over bowling was more important. But above all was his drop catch of Williamson. That was the key to Pakistan winning the game. Well played Afridi.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Disagree totally. Kane played a matchwinning innings chasing a 170-ish score. A combined 4 (20) from #4, #5, #6, #7 and #8 lost it for NZ.
OK will agree to disagree his SR was 116 after facing 60 balls. We needed an overall SR of 143 over the whole inning.

It was only Munro's fireworks that gave us a sniff.

T20 batting strategy is in its infancy. Things that will be different 10 years from now:

1) there will be no anchormen in any team. Each guy will have to be capable of scoring at a SR of 140 plus without it raising an eyebrow.

2) each new batsman will take two sighters to get his eye in instead of two overs.

3) Scores of 200 plus will be common place.

Kane's inning belonged to the T20 tactics of 2010. Now granted he didn't intend to bat that slowly. I have seen him open for ND in the HRV cup and he made 50 off 38 balls. The only problem I had with that HRV cup innng is that he didn't generally hit the ball in the air and somehow batted quickly just by finding the gaps that isn't a sustainable approach against the world's best bowlers or at least you can't maintain a strike rate that healthy without some risks.
He needs to change his approach in the next match and be prepared to slog from the second over. It grinds my gears when we try to work a spinner for singles when there are only two men outside the circle in a T20.

Again in his defence they had studied him and brought the field in close so that he couldn't just drop and run.

He didn't single handedly cost us the game as you are correct that the middle order was woeful, but Colin Munro was the only person who scared them.

Last edited: