• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in New Zealand 2020/21

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
They pointed out how there was an unusually low percentage of boundaries in that innings (by RT’s standards), making the innings all the more impressive. That 70 could be worth double given that Pakistan bowled very well.
Yeah I watched until he was on 30 odd, it was really impressive. Never count a champion out is something I should always remind myself

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
They pointed out how there was an unusually low percentage of boundaries in that innings (by RT’s standards), making the innings all the more impressive. That 70 could be worth double given that Pakistan bowled very well.
Everyone keeps saying this and the Cricinfo report makes it sound like they were magnificent but I just don't agree.

They were mostly pretty frugal but bowled a length that would be more useful in England where the ball stays low, or in Australia where a good length can get you wickets. In NZ you need to be damn near half volley to be taking wickets.

Mohammad Abbas is a very skillful bowler so it's no wonder NZ respected him, but if he's not pitching it up a bit further he's not going to actually threaten to take wickets in these conditions. Especially given it's a Kookaburra not a Duke.

Shaheen actually pitched it up (see - the yorkers, the fact that he actually got some swing) and hence was rewarded. Yasir Shah bowled way too many overs for day 1 and was non threatening.

Flem274*

123/5
happy to be wrong on the boss

pakistan bowled better than india did in nz so far but a lot of that was shaheen who has found the nz length and abbas whose line was perfect if not quite the length.

Howsie

International Captain
Watching at the ground yesterday Abbas looked like a first change club bowler. Absolutely no pace, can’t of been bowling any quicker than 120k

Flem274*

123/5
Watching at the ground yesterday Abbas looked like a first change club bowler. Absolutely no pace, can’t of been bowling any quicker than 120k
he's 120-125 atm. would take a bowler like him in a heartbeat. great graphic just now showing if he bowled fuller his movement would take poles.

Meridio

International Regular
Wafg. Propose to rename the ground as Kane Oval.

Also, it's criminal that he will only play 3 tests this summer.

thierry henry

International Coach
Only saw highlights of yesterday, has Shah been down on pace the whole innings (given he was 145kph+ last summer)? His run-up seems a bit more measured.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Wafg. Propose to rename the ground as Kane Oval.

Also, it's criminal that he will only play 3 tests this summer.
Him tripling up at Lords and holding the prestigious Test Championship scroll high above his head while the prize coins start being pinged at him will more than make up for it.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Only saw highlights of yesterday, has Shah been down on pace the whole innings (given he was 145kph+ last summer)? His run-up seems a bit more measured.
He was consistently around 140 in his first spell, slowed down as the day went on.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Another magnificent hundred from Kane.

Seeing the statistic come up earlier in the morning with the comparison on most hundreds from NZs, it got me thinking. Obviously, Kane & Ross can only play what's in front of them, but how do you guys rate them in comparison with Crowe? Crowe for me still leads the bunch and in my mind can't be overtaken, just because of the quality of the opposition bowling attacks around the world during his era.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Abbas' radar off this morning and does start to look like throw-downs. Certainly troubled the batsmen a few times yesterday though.

Yeah Naseem has only bowled high-130s which does seem to defeat the purpose of him being there. A bit disappointing as I was expecting him to be express.

Flem274*

123/5
Another magnificent hundred from Kane.

Seeing the statistic come up earlier in the morning with the comparison on most hundreds from NZs, it got me thinking. Obviously, Kane & Ross can only play what's in front of them, but how do you guys rate them in comparison with Crowe? Crowe for me still leads the bunch and in my mind can't be overtaken, just because of the quality of the opposition bowling attacks around the world during his era.
nah someone posted a graphic a few months ago which basically shows this is the best pace bowling era with the potential exception of crowes peak. kane is better, ross below imo