• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in India

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Had wondered when the word "choke" would crop up in this thread today. Only when SA were mentioned, surprisingly enough. If SA had contributed today's chase, the thread would be full of choking pics and gifs, each one followed by five lol smileys.
Well, tbf Pakistan would rather take the word choke than the other more let's say controversial suggestions that are made when they do it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dude they just salvaged some pride somehow. Understandable. They know they have lost the series.
Uhh, you don't salvage pride by running to the boundary and rolling on your knees after winning a dead rubber ODI. Pakistan or no Pakistan, you celebrate properly and then shake the hands of the opponents, like Dhoni did.

Pakistani fans complain about Dhoni's post-match comments but his reaction compared to Yuvi, and whoever else ran with him (yes, even Kohli if he did) was all class.

Anyway not too big a deal but the point still needed to be made. Who was it that complained about Pakistani fans dancing in the streets after they won the first T20? Fusion maybe. What was his line, "act like you've been there before". Well India HAVE been there before, less than 2 years ago these ****s won a World Cup and were #1 in the world. No need to celebrate like ****heads.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Had wondered when the word "choke" would crop up in this thread today. Only when SA were mentioned, surprisingly enough. If SA had contributed today's chase, the thread would be full of choking pics and gifs, each one followed by five lol smileys.
Yeah, that's because they do it so often and in far more hilarous situations.

Doesn't mean this wasn't a choke. This was a choke of the highest order. But Pakistan did it in a dead rubber. South Africa do it in live matches when the tournament is on the line! And they do it with a far far far superior team too.

You weren't around during the T20 World Cup when South Africa choked vs. Pakistan. Was calling for you and you never came :(

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
As expected the win has prevented the total shakeup.

Pakistan WAC! :p
Can honestly say I would have preferred 3-0. Either win the series or lose 3-0. 1-2 the worst result, particularly when you win a dead rubber.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
I think SA will have our batsmen for lunch.....

I can't see this batting line up last two sessions on SA pitches and against THAT bowling attack
Our bowling attack is quite formidable too. It would be a treat to watch Junaid and Irfan bowl at lively pitches.
As far as batting is concerned, Misbah really needs to go. I do not care what the stats say and how successful he has been as a captain but the 'Phattu' mentality which he brings with him effects everybody.
Why in the world was Hafeez not playing shots before the second last over? If there was Dhoni standing instead of Hafeez, It would have been understandable but Hafeez, REALLY? Hafeez out of the lot backs himself to end this game as a hero :facepalm

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Can honestly say I would have preferred 3-0. Either win the series or lose 3-0. 1-2 the worst result, particularly when you win a dead rubber.
It certainly saved a lot of faces for Indians but I am happy that Pakistani batsmen were reminded that they are pathetic.
I hope this is the end of Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Tuk (Although I can bear with him one more series) and Umar Gul. Seriously need to inject the young talent...
Gul looked like a third class seamer after Irfan and Junaid ended their tremendous opening spell. We had Anwar Ali warming the bench, why not play him?

Similarly, As long as Jamshed was at crease, the match was in control but as soon as he left it looked as if the ball became a snake. Younis, Misbah, Akmal and Hafeez looked all at sea against 150kph Thunderbolts by trundlers. Ridiculous!

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
It certainly saved a lot of faces for Indians but I am happy that Pakistani batsmen were reminded that they are pathetic.
I hope this is the end of Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Tuk (Although I can bear with him one more series) and Umar Gul. Seriously need to inject the young talent...
Gul looked like a third class seamer after Irfan and Junaid ended their tremendous opening spell. We had Anwar Ali warming the bench, why not play him?

Similarly, As long as Jamshed was at crease, the match was in control but as soon as he left it looked as if the ball became a snake. Younis, Misbah, Akmal and Hafeez looked all at sea against 150kph Thunderbolts by trundlers. Ridiculous!
I would keep professor for the time being but ul tuk, Gul, Younis, Khatmals, Malik and Tanvir need to GTFO from limited overs cricket.

Ul tuk and Younis can stay for Tests.

Btw how come ur still using that avatar? Do I still own ur avatar because I thought that expired.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Uhh, you don't salvage pride by running to the boundary and rolling on your knees after winning a dead rubber ODI. Pakistan or no Pakistan, you celebrate properly and then shake the hands of the opponents, like Dhoni did.

Pakistani fans complain about Dhoni's post-match comments but his reaction compared to Yuvi, and whoever else ran with him (yes, even Kohli if he did) was all class.

Anyway not too big a deal but the point still needed to be made. Who was it that complained about Pakistani fans dancing in the streets after they won the first T20? Fusion maybe. What was his line, "act like you've been there before". Well India HAVE been there before, less than 2 years ago these ****s won a World Cup and were #1 in the world. No need to celebrate like ****heads.
OK. I didn't see all of it. I blame Kohli.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
DAMMIT! I knew I should have watched till the end

massive choke, 24 off 24 with 4 wickets in hand, how do you not win that :laugh:

smash84

The Tiger King
DAMMIT! I knew I should have watched till the end

massive choke, 24 off 24 with 4 wickets in hand, how do you not win that :laugh:
:blink:

I think the more important question is how did you end up in that situation in the first place while chasing 168. Once you know that you will get your answer

Yas

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Typical Pakistani loss, I never feel comfortable when they are batting, U Akmal opened the flood gates but I don't know what Hafeez was playing at! He was batting like Viv Richards when he decided to give it a tonk!!! Start that two overs earlier and we would've won the game! Anyways I have to say it was expected of Pakistan once this series, expect the unexpected (or expected in terms of Pak)

Never the less WE WON THE SERIES!!!!!! :D :D

Fusion

Global Moderator
Was really hoping for the white-wash. That would've been something. Nevertheless, it's still an impressive series victory for Pakistan and I'm very pleased by that. The boys did alright. :)

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
The akmal clan must hold some serious sway or influence that they continually force their way into the team.

Dont like this talk of dropping Misbah and younUS, Pakistan need experienced level head's in the mix, take them out and whose left?
what is annoying is how guy's like gul,the akmals and Malik consistently get chosen, they are blocking the progress of some other promising player's, Someone like Harris Sohail deserve's a shot.

2013 is a massive year for Pakistan cricket, its imperative that guy's like Azhar,shafique, Junaid and jamshed establish themselves.

Speaking of Jamshed, i think he need's to get into the test team ASAP.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
As I said, take them away and you have a very very raw team.

Toffee hasn't done much wrong, I wouldn't drop him.
So they should be in the team like that idiot Sehwag? They are being selfish. My respect for Younis is eroding.

I don't think Toffee will perform in RSA. But I hope he proves me wrong.

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
So they should be in the team like that idiot Sehwag? They are being selfish. My respect for Younis is eroding.

I don't think Toffee will perform in RSA. But I hope he proves me wrong.
No. I am saying there are guy's like Malik and the akmal's who are much more obvious candidate's for axing ahead of younis and Misbah.

I also feel that these guy's have a lot to offer during this transitional period for Pakistan, atleast for the next 18months.
This is why I think the next 18 months are really Important, becausethen you will have Bull, Kamran and Shoaib as the elder statesmen!!!!!!