• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
WOW, a 63 and a 44* scored when the game was already long-lost! What an amazing achievement!

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
WOW, a 63 and a 44* scored when the game was already long-lost! What an amazing achievement!
How was the game long-lost when he scored the 63? India won that game, and a lot of it was down to Karthik's knock.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
This is exactly that pisses people off when they argue with you and after that you cry that people are anti you and pick on you or whatever. You said that he has never scored in ODIS and you put the never in BOLD to emphasize it and when I point it out you come up with this rubbish post. Where did I say that it was an amazing achievement ?

How was the game lost when he top scored with 63 ? India won that game because of KDK's batting and he was the MoM. And as for the second game How was the game lost when he came into bat ? Haven't teams won in tough situations like that in the past..One recent example being India-Aus 7th ODI. He did his job, other batsman should have stayed there, they didn't. How can we say that he failed in that innings is beyond me.

In the ODI against BD India were 144/5 and still needed 100+ runs to win the game when he came and he scored 58 runs there in that 100+ run partnership for 6th wicket.

I am not saying that he is the greatest ODI player India ever had, but he is not as bad as it is made to be here. He has a great attitude for the game, he has the skills to succeed in ODIs. He needs to be given enough opportunities.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This is exactly that pisses people off when they argue with you and after that you cry that people are anti you and pick on you or whatever.
You are in no position to comment on this.
You said that he has never scored in ODIS and you put the never in BOLD to emphasize it and when I point it out you come up with this rubbish post. Where did I say that it was an amazing achievement ?
By "he's never scored runs in ODIs" I don't mean he's never posted a single half-century. I mean he's never contributed with any consistency - never played so much as 2 decent innings on the trot.
How was the game lost when he top scored with 63 ? India won that game because of KDK's batting and he was the MoM.
It wasn't. I didn't say it was.
And as for the second game How was the game lost when he came into bat ? Haven't teams won in tough situations like that in the past..One recent example being India-Aus 7th ODI. He did his job, other batsman should have stayed there, they didn't. How can we say that he failed in that innings is beyond me.
They've won occasionally, nothing more. This was an innings of no note.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
By "he's never scored runs in ODIs" I don't mean he's never posted a single half-century. I mean he's never contributed with any consistency - never played so much as 2 decent innings on the trot..
There is a huge difference in what you say and what you mean. Perhaps you should actually say what you mean first time itself.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The only people who are going to jump on that are those with an agenda to push. Others are going to take the not-quite-absolutely-literally-expressed term as what it was meant as.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That post referred to a different line. The one about the game being long-lost.

Different issue to the "never scored" line.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I re-read the stuff and you clearly meant never as in NEVER. You replied to Adharcric's post where he said "he hasn't scored runs in a while " and you responded with "He's never scored ODI runs."

Last edited:

shortpitched713

International Captain
I knew you would come up with some explanation. ;)

Anyways, he has never played with any consistency because he hasn't been played with much consistency and has not had enough opportunities to bat. Out of 20 innings, he has been not out on 5 occassions is an ample proof of that.
Fine, 2 half centuries even out of 15 completed innings is not good either. Not good at all.

shortpitched713

International Captain
I don't see how one can be close to certain about that; he might, obviously, but his career to date has been extremely poor indeed. He's certainly not well on the way.
Must be watching a different game from me. We're talking about bowling, not lawn bowls Richard and you'd do well to remember that.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Never said they are good. But the guy has shown potential, I think he has not played enough matches before we cand discard him for good.

Fusion

Global Moderator
We will not lose to Pakistan: RP Singh

Tuesday October 23, 02:38 AM

Team India's left-arm pace star RP Singh, who played a key role in the Twenty20 World Cup in South Africa, is now all set to take on Pakistan, at home.
'RP', who arrived here on Sunday after the Australia home series, said: "We will not lose to Pakistan." Then, he added: "Remember I said harenge nahin and not haraaenge.'"

Now that's what I'm talking about! I like a bit of (non-abusing) banter between rivals. The "bulletin board material" adds to the excitement IMO. Let's get some Pakistani player to counter-guarantee!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Must be watching a different game from me. We're talking about bowling, not lawn bowls Richard and you'd do well to remember that.
There's really little one can say to a post like this TBH.

Gul has bowled poorly; his figures have been poor - to date in his ODI career. That's as simple as it is for me.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

Team India's left-arm pace star RP Singh, who played a key role in the Twenty20 World Cup in South Africa, is now all set to take on Pakistan, at home.
'RP', who arrived here on Sunday after the Australia home series, said: "We will not lose to Pakistan." Then, he added: "Remember I said harenge nahin and not haraaenge.'"

Now that's what I'm talking about! I like a bit of (non-abusing) banter between rivals. The "bulletin board material" adds to the excitement IMO. Let's get some Pakistani player to counter-guarantee!
Asif FTW?

funnygirl

State Regular
Pakistan's bowling is stronger than India's . Our batting is strong on paper ,but the top order especially the big 3 didn't look in good nick . It will be a close contest .

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year

Akhtar: I will smash a few legs this tour. Remember I said thodoonga, and not jeetaoonga.

:ph34r:

jeevan

International 12th Man
Pakistan's bowling is stronger than India's . Our batting is strong on paper ,but the top order especially the big 3 didn't look in good nick . It will be a close contest .
In 27 games, Tendulkar has 1166 @ avg 47 , 1 century and 11 50's
26 Ganguly 1151@ avg 48, 12 50's

Dravid had a lousy series and is certainly a big problem atm. But the other 2 are in good nick this year.