• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

R_D

International Debutant
There is a huge difference in what you say and what you mean. Perhaps you should actually say what you mean first time itself.
RIchard i have no agenda against you but i agree with the above.
This is not the only thread but you've done this in various threads, you say one thing and when someone proves you wrong, you say you meant something else.
There 2 examples of it just in this thread.

Anyway... India V Pak series are usually so unpredictable...there are no favorites anyone could win.I can certainly see Pakistan winning the test series and ODI. It could even go other way.
Tests
India 2-0

ODI
Pakistan 3-2

shortpitched713

International Captain
There's really little one can say to a post like this TBH.

Gul has bowled poorly; his figures have been poor - to date in his ODI career. That's as simple as it is for me.
Sort of the point tbh.

You and I are looking at the exact same figures. You see them as poor, no not just poor but extremely poor. I see them as good.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
Test 3-0/ 2-0 to India..OD 4-1 to India.

The comming series b/w India and pakistan would be the most one sided series with Pakistan getting hammering. This is because for the first time India has a team that is superior to Pakistan in all 5 department of the games, i.e. leadership, Batting,Fast bowling,Spin, and fielding.

Captaincy: Dhoni is proving to be one of the best young emerging captain, he's confident, aggresive and his field placement are superb, Malik on the other hand seems to be a bad choice as captain, this timid person has negative approach to the game.Most importantly Malik chokes in pressure while Dhoni is someone who maintain his cool in pressure situation.

Batting: India has vastly superior batting side, they have 6 quality batsmen in the team, which will be against a side with only 3 recognize batsmen in Younis/Yousif and Malik.

Fielding: Both side can be dreadful, but what gives India a HUGE advantage over Pakiatsn is that their keeping can keep well, whereas Pakistan has the most awfull keeper playing cricket in International cricket.

Spin:Spinners will play the main role in test series win over Pakistan,Murali,Harb and Kumble will be too hot for Pakistani batsmen to handle.As for Pakisatni spinners,if they cannot do anything against Sa, then they shouldn't even hope of doing anything worthwhile against India.

Pace:In Khan,Sreesanth, RP Singh India has a pace attack that is much better than Pakistan.Ofcourse i'm saying that keeping in mind that Akhtar hasn't played cricket for over a year (can one recall when he actually played his last test match?) and Asif is still carrying an injury.Expecting GUl(a decent bowler) ,wrong footers and other injury prone bowlers to match India pace would be asking for too much.

If 20/20 cup final was a nightmare for Pakistani fans then this test series would be worse then hemorrhoidic pain for them.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
We will not lose to Pakistan: RP Singh

Tuesday October 23, 02:38 AM

Team India's left-arm pace star RP Singh, who played a key role in the Twenty20 World Cup in South Africa, is now all set to take on Pakistan, at home.
'RP', who arrived here on Sunday after the Australia home series, said: "We will not lose to Pakistan." Then, he added: "Remember I said harenge nahin and not haraaenge.'"

Now that's what I'm talking about! I like a bit of (non-abusing) banter between rivals. The "bulletin board material" adds to the excitement IMO. Let's get some Pakistani player to counter-guarantee!
Malik: Hum apne ghar mein to unko hara patein nahin to unkey ghar mein unko kya hara payein gay.Hum series harney key bad Inshallah Burkha pahen kar ghar wapas aayein gay.

Meaning: When we couldn't them in our own backyard then how can you expect us to beat them on their own homeground?

Lat time Younis led Pakistan watch Indian movie Don in India when they toured here, this time around they should watch Devdas here, that will set up their mood for the entire series.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
The comming series b/w India and pakistan would be the most one sided series with Pakistan getting hammering. This is because for the first time India has a team that is superior to Pakistan in all 5 department of the games, i.e. leadership, Batting,Fast bowling,Spin, and fielding.
Don't think so.
1. We aren't even sure that Dhoni will get the Test captaincy. It's probable, but it's not a sure thing and at any rate it's a bit early to declare him a great captain. As far as I know, Malik has a reputation for being a good young captain as well.
2. In terms of batting, I'd say India is superior but not by as far as you're making out. Dravid has been in pretty poor form lately and if he were to turn it around, although Tendulkar and Laxman have been in decent form and Ganguly has been in excellent Test form. Karthik and Jaffer are unproven.
3. In the area of fast bowling, the teams are pretty much equal I'd say, although if Pakistan were to have Shoaib and Asif together they'd be clearly better.
4. Yes, India has a better spin attack.
5. India and Pakistan are about equal in terms of fielding. India probably catch better though.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
Don't think so.
1. We aren't even sure that Dhoni will get the Test captaincy. It's probable, but it's not a sure thing and at any rate it's a bit early to declare him a great captain. As far as I know, Malik has a reputation for being a good young captain as well.
2. In terms of batting, I'd say India is superior but not by as far as you're making out. Dravid has been in pretty poor form lately and if he were to turn it around, although Tendulkar and Laxman have been in decent form and Ganguly has been in excellent Test form. Karthik and Jaffer are unproven.
3. In the area of fast bowling, the teams are pretty much equal I'd say, although if Pakistan were to have Shoaib and Asif together they'd be clearly better.
4. Yes, India has a better spin attack.
5. India and Pakistan are about equal in terms of fielding. India probably catch better though.
1,I think Dhoni will get captaincy, India won't make the mistake which Pakistan did of not giving captaincy to right guy (Younis was the best guy Pak had, but he didn't get enough support).I never said Dhoni is a great captain, but he very impressive, Malik's captaincy was exposed in recent Pak-Sa series, not just by series result but by the manner in which he led.
2 India batting will still be superior (even if Dravid doesn't take the field) for one simple fact that they d have two openers, while Pakistan continue to play without any proper opener
3 I'm not suspecting Akhtar's ability but if someone has been out of cricket for over a year then too much cannot be expected from him.Am not even sure how Akhtar and Asif will perform when they will play togeather.
5 Not much of difference b/w India and Pak fielding, however Akmal presence in Pakistan team will give India huge advatage,Just ask Kallis and Gibbs and they wil tell you how much they are fond of buttered finger Akmal.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
RIchard i have no agenda against you but i agree with the above.
This is not the only thread but you've done this in various threads, you say one thing and when someone proves you wrong, you say you meant something else.
There 2 examples of it just in this thread.
I'm not proven wrong, though - people just like to think they've done so, so they respond to something slightly different to what I've said, in order to prove that wrong.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Malik: Hum apne ghar mein to unko hara patein nahin to unkey ghar mein unko kya hara payein gay.Hum series harney key bad Inshallah Burkha pahen kar ghar wapas aayein gay.
Lat time Younis led Pakistan watch Indian movie Don in India when they toured here, this time around they should watch Devdas here, that will set up their mood for the entire series.
Totley - Care to tell us the result on last India-Pak series in India. Just incase you forgot, here is it :-

Tests: India 1 Pakistan 1
ODIs: India 2 Pakistan 4

funnygirl

State Regular
In 27 games, Tendulkar has 1166 @ avg 47 , 1 century and 11 50's
26 Ganguly 1151@ avg 48, 12 50's

Dravid had a lousy series and is certainly a big problem atm. But the other 2 are in good nick this year.
I was talking about tests.In ODIs, Tendulkar is looking good ,Ganguly is okay .

funnygirl

State Regular

Captaincy: Dhoni is proving to be one of the best young emerging captain, he's confident, aggresive and his field placement are superb, Malik on the other hand seems to be a bad choice as captain, this timid person has negative approach to the game.Most importantly Malik chokes in pressure while Dhoni is someone who maintain his cool in pressure situation.

Batting: India has vastly superior batting side, they have 6 quality batsmen in the team, which will be against a side with only 3 recognize batsmen in Younis/Yousif and Malik.

Fielding: Both side can be dreadful, but what gives India a HUGE advantage over Pakiatsn is that their keeping can keep well, whereas Pakistan has the most awfull keeper playing cricket in International cricket.

Spin:Spinners will play the main role in test series win over Pakistan,Murali,Harb and Kumble will be too hot for Pakistani batsmen to handle.As for Pakisatni spinners,if they cannot do anything against Sa, then they shouldn't even hope of doing anything worthwhile against India.

Pace:In Khan,Sreesanth, RP Singh India has a pace attack that is much better than Pakistan.Ofcourse i'm saying that keeping in mind that Akhtar hasn't played cricket for over a year (can one recall when he actually played his last test match?) and Asif is still carrying an injury.Expecting GUl(a decent bowler) ,wrong footers and other injury prone bowlers to match India pace would be asking for too much.

If 20/20 cup final was a nightmare for Pakistani fans then this test series would be worse then hemorrhoidic pain for them.
Arrogant prediction.

pasag

RTDAS
You sure? Which ones were these then?
Lol, I'm not going to list all the games I've seen him play. How many have you see him play? Or do you just look at the scorecard and say >4.6 - crap game. I've watched the guy play enough to know he's quite a good ODI bowler and has a big future in the format. I think most people that have seen him in ODIs will concur. In Tests I have no idea, I've only seen a handful of his performances, certainly not enough to say one way or the other.