• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah I definitely think an ODI series has more meaning when it's a stand alone event rather than just tacked on to a Test series.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
You would think that an international batsman who has played for 6 years would be able to at least score close to run a ball once he has played the first 30 balls and survived. You would think so.

Xuhaib

International Coach
ODI team will be Mickey's biggest challenge the test side is Misbah's child and all Mickey has to do is play the support act like previous coaches, turning around the odi fortunes will tell us whether Mickey has succeeded or failed.And Pai do care about ODI's their direct WC qualification is on the line and majority of cricket fans in the country only follow the shorter formats half the country probably does not even know that Pakistan has just reached the top of test rankings.

91Jmay

International Coach
Fielding is where Arthur can effect change quickly. Both these sides drop far to many catches but the athleticism and intensity of England's ground fielding is lightyears ahead of Pakistan, and England are only a normal fielding side at best. Not one of the top ones.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
England are only a normal fielding side at best. Not one of the top ones.
I reckon they're rank ordinary right now and I keep asking myself why?? In Vaughan and Strauss's tenures we were up there with, if not the the best........but how does a team go from being so good to so bad?? I really think with fielding it's more culture than personnel (maybe with the exception of dead set guns like Colly and Jordan) so it's is very disappointing that we've dropped the ball so hard in this discipline.

91Jmay

International Coach
I reckon they're rank ordinary right now and I keep asking myself why?? In Vaughan and Strauss's tenures we were up there with, if not the the best........but how does a team go from being so good to so bad?? I really think with fielding it's more culture than personnel (maybe with the exception of dead set guns like Colly and Jordan) so it's is very disappointing that we've dropped the ball so hard in this discipline.
Yeah our ground fielding is broadly good though, it is just the catching this current side struggling with. So many shelled every match.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
What I don't get is that England managed to select Stokes as a batsman in ODI cricket when he didn't warrant a place, and yet didn't select in test cricket as a batsman when he did warrant a place this summer.

And if he's going to play as a bat alone in ODI cricket I'd bat him at 3 or 4. Too suspect coming in at 5,6,7 batting second under pressure, unable to rotate the strike and deal with pressure. Let him bat 3 and build a proper innings and not think so much about the match situation and let the experienced player in MOrgan deal with pressure of batting 5/6. Stokes first innings 26.56 avg @ 98.15 sr, second innings 17.18 avg @ 82.58 sr.

If given time I actually think Stokes could have a real impact at 3/4. Even if he didn't do it very consistently, every once in a while he would play a match defining innings. e.g 140 off 100 balls. And you'd still have the batting depth below him for when he failed.

Morgan at 4 simply isn't playing enough match defining innings at present. No guarantee that Stokes would, but by selecting him as a batsman alone in these matches they are making an investment so they should probably bat him at 3/4 where he could have the potential biggest upside.

91Jmay

International Coach
Root has to bat 3. Best player bats 3. Stokes at 4 is a good shout though.

Poor overturn there. Don't see how there is enough evidence to say that is out.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Commentators continue to be confused by the fact that hot spot sometimes doesn't pick up thin edges.

If the third umpire thinks it's out it should be given out.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Cracking delivery from Wood.

I hesitate to think it but this attack might be... good?

Or at least when Stokes resumes bowling.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't see why there is any discussion over the 3rd umps decision there? There was certainly a noise live and rts confirmed it........hotspot is only ever positive confirmation. Definately out.

91Jmay

International Coach
Great bowling this. Woakes is developing in all forms. Agree this attack really shows promise. Dave Willey is a solid back up as well

Howe_zat

Audio File
Good to see a Test match field in the coloured kit.

Congratulations to Pakistan on having scored more runs than they have lost wickets