• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Howe_zat

Audio File
Is there a name for that shot? I can't say I've seen anything quite like it.

For those reading later it's this

Umar Gul to Roy, FOUR, my goodness, that is an astonishing shot...he gets across his crease and plays a straight-bat lofted drive over midwicket. Brilliance. Even Roy allows himself a little grin. Dare we say, a touch of KP
except it doesn't mention how he came down the track to play it to a good length ball, and his bat ends up facing directly upwards and pointing towards the bowler

Howe_zat

Audio File
Well Roy's done his job. Just need Morgan to do his and put on a middle overs partnership. England well ahead but it's too short a batting lineup to lose two wickets now.

91Jmay

International Coach
He was itching to do that, not really going to complain as it was a really good knock but didn't need to do it in the match situation. Just hope this isn't the start of a collapse as we were absolutely coasting. Morgan needs some runs.

Niall

International Coach
Why is Gul playing...they kicked him out years ago and somehow he manages to get back in. Lol
They do this every year or two and pick him frpm nowehere and he always struggles, an absolute gun back in the day, but its an insanely regressive call to keep going back to him, but heh when you watch the batting "aggression" it's to be expected.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah Gul was the gun T20 bowler for the early bit of international cricket. Was surprised to see him in the side, where is the giant? Looked a good ODI bowler whenever I've seen him.