• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2020

91Jmay

International Coach
Maybe Root could come back into the team to replace Moeen?

Bairstow
Roy
Malan
Morgan
Stokes
Buttler+
Root
Rashid
Jordan
Archer
Curran

Feels like England need a second spinner somewhere and Root would have some nice ability to just float in the batting order. Come in earlier if we're in trouble or #batdeep

I assume it's more sensible to bring an actual spinner in who does well in the T20 Blast though
Buttler at 6 is too low, Root bats top 3 or doesnt play. They are still stuck on Buttler opening but that's a mistake for me. A world class finisher is absolutely dynamite in T20.

weeman27bob

International Regular
Buttler at 6 is too low, Root bats top 3 or doesnt play. They are still stuck on Buttler opening but that's a mistake for me. A world class finisher is absolutely dynamite in T20.
I think that Bairstow, Roy, Malan, Morgan, Stokes and Buttler should probably be the top 6, but with some flexibility so that Buttler comes in when necessary rather than always at number 6.

Root lower down the order was mostly trying to work out if he could be shoehorned in more than anything else.

Jack1

International Debutant
No idea why Ali is batting above Billings in this tesm

Bairstow
Roy
Malan
Morgan
Stokes
Buttler+
Root
Rashid
Jordan
Archer
Curran

Feels like England need a second spinner somewhere and Root would have some nice ability to just float in the batting order. Come in earlier if we're in trouble or #batdeep

I assume it's more sensible to bring an actual spinner in who does well in the T20 Blast though
There’s 20 overs to bat. Root isn’t good enough to get in the side. Banton plays before Root. Malan is the anchor already. England have also said they want to open with Buttler. Which means Bairstow bats 3.
In no situation shuffling the order can Root get in.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Bairstow
Roy
Malan
Morgan
Stokes
Buttler+
Root
Rashid
Jordan
Archer
Curran

Root probably the better offie right now too, lol.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Morgan's hitting is so underrated. Gun.

What do we think of Babar's captaincy? Didn't watch it but I've heard criticism

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Morgan's hitting is so underrated. Gun.

I dunno, you can nit-pick all you want, but Englands batting in Limited overs, when it works it works, not sure what you can do about it, but hope, maybe he didn't hope hard enough.

grecian

Topley should be playing these surely. Not sure why England are obsessed with Mahmood.
We really do need a left-arm option too, Topley or Willey would make a lot of sense for Curran, Gregory or Mahmood. actually would probably play both.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Not sure whether he asked for it or not but it seemed like captaincy by committee and Misbah was way too animated for a coach. Its funny coz this new all powerful version of Misbah seems such an antithesis to how he captained the side. Like literally anything you expected from him as a coach based on his best attributes from when he was a captain, he seems to go in the opposite direction.

I just don't think this will end well for Pak.

mr_mister

Moeen's combined international batting average across all 3 formats: 25.9

with 8 centuries and 20 fifties. strange reading

Preed

U19 12th Man
I said it in the last game this england bowling attack is poor and that is why we chase .This attack would have no chance in a World Cup.Thankgoodness we have stokes Curran. Woakes and Archer to come back

grecian

No way are we anything but massive outsiders here, next to no batting left, and Moeen playing awfully. TBH we deserve to lose for this bland bowling line-up. Pakistans so much better.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
No way are we anything but massive outsiders here, next to no batting left, and Moeen playing awfully. TBH we deserve to lose for this bland bowling line-up. Pakistans so much better.
Hopefully you've anti-jinxed Mo to some form, but agree we're in the mire and the bowling is pish.

Whatever has happened to Gregory? Admittedly it's a while since I've seen him and he's had his injury woes, but he's lost almost as much pace as hair since I was pumping up his tyres as a test option.

Feck. Billings goes as I type. See what Lewis can do with the bat now.

grecian

Hopefully you've anti-jinxed Mo to some form, but agree we're in the mire and the bowling is pish.

Whatever has happened to Gregory? Admittedly it's a while since I've seen him and he's had his injury woes, but he's lost almost as much pace as hair since I was pumping up his tyres as a test option.

Feck. Billings goes as I type. See what Lewis can do with the bat now.
Don't really understand with the Gregory obsession in limited overs, still think he's a solid Anderson type in First-class, but just seems pedestrian in International cricket in short form, would rather one of the Overtons.

grecian

I am very much enjoying being proven wrong like the idjit I am ATM, let's hope it continues.