• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Bangladesh 2015

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't know why he still bats ahead of Mushfiqur really. I can understand batting Mushfiqur in the lower middle order due to his wicket keeping and captaincy workload, but Shakib has a big load with the ball himself anyway.

Niall

International Coach
Bowling powerhouse looks toothless
Don't think anybody thinks this bowling line up is to special.

Babar isn't awful, but has been picked a few years to late sadly and is finished, Shah is decent and no more than that, Junaid is a trundler of **** these days and probably due another injury, while Wahab has always been wildly inconsistent.

Aritro

International Regular
So has anyone here seen Mohammad Shahid play? Is he any good?

First class stats look pretty run of the mill

cnerd123

likes this
Urgh always sucks to lose a wicket on the last ball of the day.

Overall though; well played by BD. They were slow, yes, but they batted through an entire days play and have set themselves up well for a score around 400. Mominul keeps churning out the runs, solid contributions from the rest but it's a shame no one has built on their start to get a big score yet.

Good to see common sense prevail and Sarkar not being thrown in to open. Good to see Kayes score a 50. Batting right down to 8, bowling feels a bit thin with just the two quicks, Taijul, Shakib, and the part-timers. I know Hom is supposed to be an allrounder, but he hasn't impressed me yet. Doesn't seem much better than Nasir or Mahmadullah bowling wise.

Shahid has pretty meh FC stats and not a great run of recent for either...so not expecting him to fare so well. Hope he's better than the numbers say.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
bangers have done well to close the day at 236 for 4 (apparently lost a wicket at the last ball of the day). Does the wicket look good to bat on?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Bangladesh could so easily have finished the day at 236/2 or so. Lost wickets in the end after toiling all day.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't get it. Did you see the post I was responding to?
Pratters's post was just as deserving of Albi's reply as yours was, but it didn't exhibit the same logical fallacy as yours. Pratters's post was at least accurate even if pointless; your post isn't necessarily true.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Pratters's post was just as deserving of Albi's reply as yours was, but it didn't exhibit the same logical fallacy as yours. Pratters's post was at least accurate even if pointless; your post isn't necessarily true.
I'm afraid this is not true.

If you lose one wicket you may or may not lose the next.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
(I do realise you were just taking the piss out of him by pointing out that his whatifism was pointless, but the fallacy of "we created two chances off the same batsman and therefore we would've had two wickets if we took all our catches" has just always bugged me :p )

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm afraid this is not true.

If you lose one wicket you may or may not lose the next.
If they didn't lose wickets late in the day, they would have been two down. This is accurate. If they didn't lose the specific wickets they did they may have lost them again shortly after anyway.. but that's not what he said.

I suppose the runs part of the score isn't necessarily accurate tbf.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
(I do realise you were just taking the piss out of him by pointing out that his whatifism was pointless, but the fallacy of "we created two chances off the same batsman and therefore we would've had two wickets if we took all our catches" has just always bugged me :p )
If they didn't lose wickets late in the day, they would have been two down. This is accurate. If they didn't lose the specific wickets they did they may have lost them again shortly after anyway.. but that's not what he said.

I suppose the runs part of the score isn't necessarily accurate tbf.
Well yeah, my point was to say what happened happened...