• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan and Sri Lanka in UAE

Xuhaib

International Coach
even missing one 4 day game for this mickey mouse tournament is ridiculous there are plenty of tape ball kakkay in domestic cricket who could be utilized for this rubbish.

salman85

International Debutant
a) There is no such thing as a tape ball kakkay.It's 'Tapia' , so if you're going to use slang you might as well use it properly ;)

b) Other players have played for Pakistan in the hong kong sixes.Playing the tournament is not a blotch on your career, nor will it have any role to play in Umar's development or lack of it.Also,bring this up when Umar misses a domestic game for the Hong Kong sixes since i'm pretty sure he will have no domestic games during that period.

c) Farhat's selection is wrong,but Malik's selection is justified.He was the 2nd highest scorer in the domestic season,averaging 73 and has earned his callup.

d) Stop whining about everything that happens in Pakistan Cricket.If you can't help it,go support another team.It will help your BP.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Malik selection against Umer is wrong Akmal was one of the best batsman from either side during the Windies series this series was the perfect time to build on that flat tracks average opposition bowling attack. Malik's selection makes no sense the guy has just one fifty in his last 12 tests innings averages a mediocre 34 and is not a young player that we can carry around for development purposes.

If there was a place for him it should have been at the expense of Farhat not Umer.

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
I had mixed feelings over the non-selection of Umar Akmal. I think he is a player of immense talent and potential and if he does improve and learn when to go on the attack and when to sit in, and discover the best way for him to build an innings, then I can see him being a top Test player for Pakistan. Now the best way for him to develop these things is probably in domestic cricket, I just feel a little disappointed because I won't get to him bat in the SL series.

Sometimes a player has to take a step back in order to progress forward. I would say his attitude regarding how he bats and handles himself back in domestic cricket is crucial to whether he will develop into the kind of player I think his potential suggests he can be.

He obviously needs to maintain his positive style of batting, but he does need to learn when to drop a gear and play more shots with the odds in his favour on occasions.

cricpk

U19 12th Man
a) There is no such thing as a tape ball kakkay.It's 'Tapia' , so if you're going to use slang you might as well use it properly ;)

b) Other players have played for Pakistan in the hong kong sixes.Playing the tournament is not a blotch on your career, nor will it have any role to play in Umar's development or lack of it.Also,bring this up when Umar misses a domestic game for the Hong Kong sixes since i'm pretty sure he will have no domestic games during that period.

c) Farhat's selection is wrong,but Malik's selection is justified.He was the 2nd highest scorer in the domestic season,averaging 73 and has earned his callup.

d) Stop whining about everything that happens in Pakistan Cricket.If you can't help it,go support another team.It will help your BP.
:thumbs_up

Last edited:

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
For Malik, he just won the Faysal Bank T20 tournament for his team as a captain.
What more do you want from a Senior.
As for Umar Akmal, he is a talented player but needs to rethink his game and I had rather a prefer a solid "Asad" on him.

Last edited: