• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Howe_zat

Audio File
By the way.
I have mass amount of respect for Nass and Bumble for stating the truth.
"England have only themselves to blame, Those were bloody straight balls"

English Fans.
Because no-one here has criticised the England side, or pointed out the same observation, or talked about anything other than the criticism you choose to get worked up about. Grow up.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Its not us to blame is it?
Blame the ICC for not having clear rules for this issue. Make rules and we will obey them.

Why let Murali play, Why let Harbhajan Play, Why let anybody who Chucks play.

As Angus Fraser - one of six former Test cricketers on the committee that reviewed illegal bowling actions in Dubai recently - wrote in The Independent, even the likes of Fred Trueman, Dennis Lillee, Curtly Ambrose, Imran Khan, Richard Hadlee, and Ian Botham were found to have exceeded the straightening-limit set by the ICC.
If Imran can be our hero while chucking, why not Ajmal?
We've all rights to defend him.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
^Not to open a can of worms here, but that's just politically correct BS, same thing that allowed Murali to romp his merry way to 800 wickets.

Personally, I've never felt the naked eye does that shabby a job of discerning shady bowling actions.

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
It's pretty strange how no one has mentioned the tight disciplined bowling from the likes of hafeez and Rahman being a significant factor, England were going at a 2 an over for the first session, much of the poor shot selection was induced from pressure, probably with the exception of trott.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
whatever the fans cry Z-Man.....why are you upset over it.....it is still out in tomorrow's newspaper as Geoff Boycott would say.....as flibbertyjibber pointed out that England must learn to deal with it unless it is explicitly called out by the ICC.
Thank you for pointing out not all of us are whinging about Ajmal.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Never realized, much of CW is English.
Should not have started the debate, they need to sleep and watch Swann gets wickets tomorrow to calm down.

Didn't realize they were bloody pissed off....

Howe_zat

Audio File
It's pretty strange how no one has mentioned the tight disciplined bowling from the likes of hafeez and Rahman being a significant factor, England were going at a 2 an over for the first session, much of the poor shot selection was induced from pressure, probably with the exception of trott.
Just terrible posting. Perhaps you should read what people say before deciding on what they've said.

They've bowled really well, though the spinners have been canny and disciplined rather than unplaybable. It's just been your common or garden collapse really, the kind where a player comes in with the innings crashing and suddenly can't play. Adnan took a great catch of meh legside delivery too.
Pakistan bowled well, and Cheema and Rehman bowled very well.
Those are just the ones from me. I won't pretend to have a monopoly over such statements.

Sigh. I think I'm done.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Never realized, much of CW is English.
Should not have started the debate, they need to sleep and watch Swann gets wickets tomorrow to calm down.

Didn't realize they were bloody pissed off....
It’s just a tiresome debate, as tiresome if someone spent today just observing that England are playing a guy who doesn’t have a British passport and that’s not really cricket either. Everyone who follows the game knows Ajmal’s action is dodgy but if he went for plenty today that wouldn’t have been mentioned. Zimbabwe struggled against him but found a way, it’s not impossible, just get on with it. Super slow motion replays on Sky and Bob Willis implying the chuck won’t make things better.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Just terrible posting. Perhaps you should read what people say before deciding on what they've said.

Those are just the ones from me. I won't pretend to have a monopoly over such statements.

Sigh. I think I'm done.
I would probably have praised the Pakistan bowlers had I not been sleeping during the first session.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Ajmal has just said that he isn't confident with his teesra. Haha it was just a mind game he was playing.
England if they gave it a second thought would be pretty stupid as Ajmal has said going back as far as two years ago that this would be the series where I will unleash this ball etc.. He just came off tests against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe, if you are not going to try stuff like that there, you won't be doing it here. One of the magic balls he bowled today was this really bizarre delivery that just went straight on.