• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
He basically runs up as if he's going to bowl an off-break and then just throws it as hard as he can at the stumps.
43344330006 - YouTube

If you are talking about this delivery, you have no idea about cricket or probably you haven't 'played' cricket.
His arm is as straight as possible and is similar to the likes of the round-arm fast bowlers like Tait and Malinga.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the non-striker's arm is very straight. is that trott? it's very admirable

Last edited:

Arachnodouche

International Captain
The hypocrisy in this thread is quite amusing. You are coming to your conclusions just as hastily as you think England fans are - it was one innings. This side has barely failed as a batting lineup over the past year and a half, one poor performance doesn't change that. If there's continual problems against Ajmal then fair enough, you can start to question them against good spin, but not after one innings.

Bleurgh.
With due respect to England's new fangled prowess, you really should've lost 3-1 in South Africa 2 years ago. As for the thumpings Down Under, I should think your lineup will find it harder work the next go around.

I just don't feel England have faced a sustained, hostile attack too often, and on the few occasions they have, they've been found wanting(Perth, Asif/Aamer). Your rise has coincided with depressed bowling stocks around the world. I'd love to see how they shape up over the course of the next year and a half.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
To be fair they havent really been tested over the last year and a half. India cobbled together a pretty tame attack last summer, Sri Lanka doesn't have much to speak about in terms of bowling quality and Australia were rank during the winter. The last time they played a good bowling attack was the Pakistan attack from 2010 and I think its fair to say that they didn't exactly excel against them.

My feelings about the England batting card are that it isn't poor but isn't really anything special either. There is a clear weak link at 6, Strauss has struggled over the past couple of years and Pietersen has *started* to make amends for a fairly ordinary few seasons but still not proven anything against a quality attack. This series is a real test for all of them and I'd be interested in how some of them fare. The ace that this batting holds is their strength in depth, that they bat down all the way till 9 or 10.
I think that's pretty fair - this one and the SA series will give us a much better idea of how good the top 6 are.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Okay hold on.

Get a Cricket Ball (preferably, you could do it without the ball too,though). Go Ajmal Action and try to bowl with a bend arm in this action.
You will see that when you try to bend your arm in Ajmal or Tait way, it is absolutely visible to the naked eye. You can not chuck in this motion without absolutely 'chucking' which means you have to clearly 'throw' otherwise, your arm stays the same throughout the delivery.
Try it out. I hope it makes sense.

Last edited:

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
With due respect to England's new fangled prowess, you really should've lost 3-1 in South Africa 2 years ago. As for the thumpings Down Under, I should think your lineup will find it harder work the next go around.

I just don't feel England have faced a sustained, hostile attack too often, and on the few occasions they have, they've been found wanting(Perth, Asif/Aamer). Your rise has coincided with depressed bowling stocks around the world. I'd love to see how they shape up over the course of the next year and a half.
South Africa couldn't bowl us out in 2 of them and Smith was given not out despite hitting one in the match they actually won in that series.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
I agree it is a bit different and he 'could' be banned to bowl this particular delivery but lets wait a bit? its the first day of the series and the English commies are already crying.
He has not even bowled this bowl much. Maybe, a couple of delivery were the teesra and face the truth, it was not the Teesra which harmed the batsmen was it?

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Why's that? South Africa could only bowl us out once.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I agree it is a bit different and he 'could' be banned to bowl this particular delivery but lets wait a bit? its the first day of the series and the English commies are already crying.
He has not even bowled this bowl much. Maybe, a couple of delivery were the teesra and face the truth, it was not the Teesra which harmed the batsmen was it?
He throws his doosra as well.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
By the way.
I have mass amount of respect for Nass and Bumble for stating the truth.
"England have only themselves to blame, Those were bloody straight balls"

English Fans.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
He throws his doosra as well.
His Doosra has been checked by the ICC.
You are on the Bob Willis bandwagon, correct? most of the English are.

Here's what Bumble had to say to Willis.
"I think this lad's action is fine, it's been tested under the regulations and England just haven't been able to deal with it. He spins it one way and the other and they need to cope with that"

Howe_zat

Audio File
How about instead of all that, we say, "oi, saeed, don't chuck, ok"?

Then maybe we can watch a very good bowler bowl the entire time; rather than watch a very good bowler bowl some of the time and get pissed off at a bloke chucking in Test cricket the rest of the time.

I mean would that really be so awful?

Why do people go to massive lengths to defend this? Why do want to see this blatant disregard for the rules in the game? Is it somehow preferable to have your bloke pissing everyone off this much?

If he were on my team I can't see how or why I'd defend these deliveries. I'd be ashamed of it. Of it, not of him - there is a distinction. He doesn't need to chuck. He just does, and it's not on.

smash84

The Tiger King
whatever the fans cry Z-Man.....why are you upset over it.....it is still out in tomorrow's newspaper as Geoff Boycott would say.....as flibbertyjibber pointed out that England must learn to deal with it unless it is explicitly called out by the ICC.

Last edited: