• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why does everyone think that Pakistanis love T20 so much that they should be given a T20 series. It's only us who get a T20 series whereas every other nation only has one T20.

I would rather have an extra Test match.
You are playing 3 tests though. It's not like the T20's have replaced test matches....

salman85

International Debutant
I don't have a problem with the T20 series,but 4 ODI's is weird.Anyhoo,after loathing the UAE as a neutral venue for matches involving Pakistan for years,i did enjoy the South Africa series and thought the crowd was decent compared to the previous times we played there.

Dubai and Abu Dhabi should look for temporary Taxi Driver replacements in advance though.

Howe_zat

Audio File
So they can't afford the DRS for tests. Pakistan isn't exactly a rich country.
Well, yes, I understand that's the root of it, but this is from a dispute with the broadcaster. I don't particularly mind, because we don't know how fair/unfair either side were being.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
So they can't afford the DRS for tests. Pakistan isn't exactly a rich country.
I'm sure the UAE barely has a pot to piss in either...

Blaming the broadcasters, myself. Let Sky cover everything. Evil heartless corporation and all, but their coverage and technology is **** on.

cricpk

U19 12th Man
I'm sure the UAE barely has a pot to piss in either...

Blaming the broadcasters, myself. Let Sky cover everything. Evil heartless corporation and all, but their coverage and technology is **** on.
Let sky cover everything, and all they cover will be hands of pakistani bowlers & fielders :laugh:

Jacknife

International Captain
Well SKY will be there and you would have thought they would have the technology there just for broadcast purposes, I know it's a bit different away from England but I wouldn't have thought it would be much of a problem to sort it out or maybe I'm being naive on this one.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Well SKY will be there and you would have thought they would have the technology there just for broadcast purposes, I know it's a bit different away from England but I wouldn't have thought it would be much of a problem to sort it out or maybe I'm being naive on this one.
It would cost Sky an absolute fortune to transport their equipment several thousand miles to the UAE. It would be a logistical nightmare.

Strike!

Cricket Spectator
Ajmal targets key battle with Swann

The 33-year-old Ajmal, Pakistan's leading bowler in all forms of the game recently, said he was preparing a surprise delivery for the English team who top the world rankings.

"Any spinner today worth his salt has to have lot of variation in his armoury to survive the grind of playing in all three formats of the sport," Ajmal told Reuters on Thursday.

"But to me test matches remain the ultimate challenge." Ajmal said.

"Swann is a tremendous bowler and I admire him a lot. I have learnt watching him bowl. You watch closely he bowls the off- break with three variations. I will love the challenge of trying to do better than him in the coming series," Ajmal said.

Pakistan and England play a three-test series in the UAE in January and February 2012 as well as four one-day internationals and three Twenty20 matches.

Ajmal said Swann had played a big role in lifting the England team.

"He is like me he has the variations for all three formats of the game," Ajmal said.

"I look at the series against England as a test to decide who is the best off-spinner in the world."

Ajmal also said he was working hard on a special delivery as a surprise weapon.

"Since that T20 World Cup match against Australia in Antigua last year when (Australia's) Mike Hussey hit me out of the park I went back to the drawing board and worked hard on my fitness and bowling," he said.

Ajmal has lost eight kilograms of weight and increased the variations in his bowling.

"I bowl the Doosra with three different variations and I have also worked hard to make the off-break my main weapon and it is working," added Ajmal.
http://in.reuters.com/article/2011/09/29/-cricket-pakistan-ajmal-idINB18733520110929

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Hopefully he'll pitches that offer him something. His action is abysmal but I really enjoy watching him bowl; I love watching spinners bowl at batsmen who don't have a clue what they're facing.