• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

stumpski

International Captain
And Bopara always gets a one-over spell. Looked better than 0-9 I thought.

Afridi can make 10 an over look like a stroll in the park, and he may do it again tonight - but he shouldn't have to do it all.

If I were a Pakistan fan I wouldn't want Misbah anywhere near the T20 side, if they don't want Afridi to captain again perhaps Umar Akmal, Ajmal or Gul could be an option?

Howe_zat

Audio File
If - as I presume - Broad doesn't want to bring back Patel until Afridi's out, why not bring himself on for an over to try and get the necessary wicket?

Jacknife

International Captain
Why the **** would you bowl Bopara when only one more wicket and your into the tail, crazy stuff.

Will they stop bowling length balls please.

Last edited:

stumpski

International Captain
Wasn't expecting the youngster to be a big threat tbh. Quandary for Broad - continue with Bopara, or bring back Patel?

Jacknife

International Captain
Back of a length on 4fth stump, that's where to bowl.

Jesus christ this over could lose us the game, he's bowled 2 overs for 20 ffs.

Now that's a ****ing catch.

Last edited:

Jacknife

International Captain
Unforgivable that, got away with it. Given the situation it was a very good over that, held his nerve very well

I'm sorry, I love Finn but this is brainless bowling, full and straight, I'm sure he'll learn from it mind. If we lose this from here, they want shooting.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah, with one wicket in hand it's not happening. Pointless risk taken, just about lost their last chance.

~

Did Afridi seriously just leave that?

Last edited:

Jacknife

International Captain
Ha ha ha Finn smashes into Ajmal there running for the ball, great piece of fielding that from the big lad, it's been really impressive stuff all round from the boys, even the likes of Patel has been really good and Buttler and Bairstow have added a new dimension.

Beleg

International Regular
misbah CANNOT justify his batting style. simply cannot.

chuck him out. and while we're at it asad shafiq's never going to amount to anything either

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just bak from the match and have to say that it was a great atmosphere as the Pakistani fans are really passionate and the ground is brilliant

Anyway, I thought Bairstow looked very good as he scored quickly without taking too many risks and looked like quite an organized player

Howe_zat

Audio File
Woop woop. One each for the last game.

Bairstow the difference between the two sides, I daresay. Both sides had a couple of very good bowling performances and a few cameos, but no-one in the Pakistan innings could stick around.

Maybe I was wrong to have a dig at England's batting late on? Perhaps it was one of those days where completing the overs at an okay rate is enough.

Jacknife

International Captain
Excellent from England, one or two disappointing overs but on the whole they were very good in the field and Bairstow seems to have cemented his place in the side for the foreseeable future, looks like he's taken to international cricket very well.

Swann is awesomely reliable as ever, as is Broad, Dirtbag was good again and it was good to see us win a game without the efforts of KP or Morgan, even though the former did get us off to a decent start. Finn could be bowled all out up front, he doesn't have the variety to bowl later on but I'm sure he'll learn.

It's going to be a really exciting decider and it's good that we've got a competitive series finally.