• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan and England in the UAE 2015/16

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is there any evidence to suggest that Patel is suited to these conditions as a batsman, or do people just like saying this because he's Asian?
The best I've seen him look in ODIs was definitely in India, and it's where he scored his lone half century, so there's that. I do think it's probably bit stereotypically overblown/assumed, and I'd still back him to do better in conditions he's actually used to, but there's some evidence to suggest he may adapt better to Asian conditions than most English batsmen.

Howe_zat

Audio File
60 runs in the session is more than I thought they'd get after the first hour. Looking like a respectable total again.

Big Sam only ever performs if I'm not watching.

Rashid needs a bit more to properly state his case. He can at least cover the runs he shipped in the first innings with a decent score

Howe_zat

Audio File
Gah. That just about makes it Pakistan's session. At least we've got a lead

Tell you what I am glued to this test match

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think we'd have taken this position before the game started and probably would have before play today as we can still get the lead up to 100 if we bat well. Wonder what will happen with Stokes, will they let him bat in this innings if Patel is still in and could score runs quickly? No point if Anderson is the last man but they might sneak an extra 20 runs out which may prove vital.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Stokes won't bat regardless IMO unless Samit is on 90*-99* and on strike. You can't swing the bat all with that sort of injury so he really couldn't face a delivery.

Howe_zat

Audio File
He did say he was going to work a few posts back so I think he'll be following but not watching. Samit ton coming right up.
Indeed. Won't be able to follow when the kids start getting here though anyway.

'Sir, I need help with this question;' 'Pipe down, Patel's on 97 ffs'

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I know England's decision to play 3-4 allrounders in the team came under a fair bit of flak, and a lot of it justified, but one of the benefits is this. England lost 5 fairly early today yet they have managed a decent enough total with 3 more wickets to go..were Pakistan to be in a similar position, they would have folded within 20 runs,

Just having guys like Samit, Stokes, Rashid and Broad from 6 onwards makes it extremely strong indeed.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Malik has bowled some serious deliveries today. Probably should've bowled more this innings.

Stokes coming out; really didn't expect that.