• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2013 Season thread

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Pretty sure he's calling you a pelican...

Assuming that's calculated using the old NRL tv deal vs the AFL's new tv deal so it's not really an apples/apples comparison (but great fun for some ol fashioned code war shenanigans). That gap will close considerably with the new deal, and I think you'll find the improved deal will allow the NRL to close the gap in other areas due to increased market presence.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Man, the Cowboys really do blow. Their efforts in the past couple of rounds, given their side, have been utter ****.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Man, the Cowboys really do blow. Their efforts in the past couple of rounds, given their side, have been utter ****.
Such a weird team. I look at them every year and pencil them in for a massive year and they always disappoint. They have a real problem playing away from home, and good as JT is he never seems to carry his side over the line like Johns/Locky were able to.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I know those were revenue figures and not profit, but nevertheless, the AFL is spending more money and has more overheads than it is going to have years from now. The NRL should be a lot closer now, because the AFL has made investments which will result in more revenue in the future. Even if you think GWS and Gold Coast will not succeed, the point is they will receive more revenue in 5 years than they are now... even if they are not a raging success as a club. There is no doubt those clubs will win more games in 2016-2017 than they are now... which will result in more viewers, fans etc. Even if it is a small increase, the AFL has laid the seeds to increase revenue.

I know Benchy rags on the NRL and says he's not surprised by those figures, but I am surprised that the NRL was THAT far behind in revenue.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
LOL @ reading those comments in the article on the SMH. ****s joking how Australia is the best at playing AFL in the world.

Yeah that's the point of the article :dry: Must have been uvelocity signed up 50 times under different user names making those comments.

uvelocity

International Coach
**** the reffing was disgusting. it's been good so far this year but jesus

1st try lyon touched it - knock on
2nd was off a forward pass
all 3 obstructions shouldn't have been ffs (2 for wt 1 for manly) and if they were then the kick for williams denied 3rd try should have been obstruction too.
lyon taking a dive twice. dirty dog. and well fulton should have done the same, surely manly's last should have been obstruction too
knock on on their own line not called wtf

benching farah what the **** are you on pothead

but in the end it was manlys defence that won it for em the ****s

howardj

International Coach
The new obstruction rule, that seeks to eliminate grey areas, is a perfect illustration of what happens when you take discretion away from adjudicators

Always leave things to the discretion of the referee, and the video referee

If they have a feel for the sport, they will be able to apply the rule properly

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah that first try looked very dodgy to me. I was surprised they didn't go for a very close look. Maybe they did, I'm just watching the replay.

Dog of a game though. Neither team deserves anything from that.

uvelocity

International Coach
Yeah that first try looked very dodgy to me. I was surprised they didn't go for a very close look. Maybe they did, I'm just watching the replay.

Dog of a game though. Neither team deserves anything from that.
nah mate they had one fleeting look at the reverse angle where you could see the touch, sloth ref was obv having a sip of his coffee at that moment

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Manly played well in the second half but first half was as sloppy as my first ever kiss.

Changes need to be made at the Tigers and I'd start with removing Braith '5 runs in 80 minutes' Anasta. Blair is often gash too, someone like Bodene Thompson should be in the 17 for sure.

Not many exciting games this year yet and not many upsets at all. Sterol made the point that there seems to be many teams failing to score a point in the match.

Expecting Doggies v Bunnies to be a classic this arvo, a little scared of how my Broncos will go against Melbourne..

Last edited:

uvelocity

International Coach
that is so good asotasi knocking out ennis. burgers smashing through blokes to score what a beautiful passage of play

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Melbourne gonna put about 80 on the hapless Broncos here is they are fair dinkum all game.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Melbourne gonna put about 80 on the hapless Broncos here is they are fair dinkum all game.
Yeah at 14-0 down after after about 15 minutes it certainly looked that way if we didn't lift. Broncos started the second half very strongly and the Storm right side of defence always appeared a man short which we actually executed really well it was only the brilliance of Slater which won Storm the game.

I was happy with Broncos attack though, when Hodges returns it will be good for us to not go his side all the time as Wallace, Glenn and Reed showed that they can be potent too.