• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I had to campaign last year to get a separate thread for tipping; maybe we need a separate thread for Dream Team stuff as well. This is not what I expect when I open the NRL thread.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
807, baby! :cool:

With apologies to PEWS.

On the "things to piss off Cribbage" theme, I see Ellis is set on returning to Blightly at the end of the season.

howardj

International Coach
I had to campaign last year to get a separate thread for tipping; maybe we need a separate thread for Dream Team stuff as well. This is not what I expect when I open the NRL thread.
Yeah, it's just the worst thing to see a new post, only to open up the thread proper to read posts talking about how many points an imaginary team got on the weekend. Absolutely eye-glazing stuff. Same with AFL Supercoach. :@

Not that I don't respect the people involved :ph34r:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Brumby - do Sky have highlights or am I stuck with Origin, Super League and the Grand Final?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Sharks both paying 2.20 with Ladbrokes. Seems a value bet.
Yeah that's not half bad really although I had a shocker in round 1, so who knows!

I think Manly at over $2.00 is good value against the Tigers too.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah that's not half bad really although I had a shocker in round 1, so who knows!

I think Manly at over $2.00 is good value against the Tigers too.
The latter is up on the Central Coast isn't it? If it was at Brookvale I think they'd be worth an investment for sure. As it is, it will be a tight game I think.

Still no Hayne and Tonga for the Eels. Can see us being 0-2 with a mile of work to do. Got to hope the Warriors travel badly this week.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Still no Hayne and Tonga for the Eels. Can see us being 0-2 with a mile of work to do. Got to hope the Warriors travel badly this week.
Really need someone to support Sandow. He was going ok until Roberts went off and the Broncos just swarmed him. Parra have spent the last couple of years having to have everything go through one player, they won't improve until that changes.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The latter is up on the Central Coast isn't it? If it was at Brookvale I think they'd be worth an investment for sure. As it is, it will be a tight game I think.

Yeah it's at Central Coast which is probably why they are such outsiders. Wests were not that fantastic last week and they have Groat as starting prop so I don't really consider them favourites as long as Foran isn't ruled out - There has been some talk of this and with GStewart also out, it might be too much.

Hayne and Tonga are both expected to play on Monday, Hayne is pretty much a certainty.

Ausage, thoughts on Ciraldo's first game? I thought he was quite good, Grant was a beast, ran so well with the ball.

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Ausage, thoughts on Ciraldo's first game? I thought he was quite good, Grant was a beast, ran so well with the ball.
Yeah Ciraldo wasn't too bad actually. He put some nice hits on and busted a few tackles. Might be imagining it, but I seem to remember him missing the tackle that led to the break for the Dogs first try, which is the kind of thing that was his problem at Newcastle. Didn't realise he was that big, he's an absolute monster. I thought our whole pack played well though (Lewis below his best), with Grant and McKendry standouts.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Has Hadley been calling games on the radio in the recent past? Started the game off like he was anyway, thankfully has backed off a bit as the half has gone on - think I preferred Voss though.