• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2011 Season thread

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
was pretty bad tonight although he rarely got the ball and when he did by the time he got it he was already being tackled. uate was pretty good.

morris, creagh and king going badly. who would have thought. was confident of pearce going badly too so he sorta proved me wrong. ennis was surprising good.

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Tolman for King, Hayne for Morris (won't happen), Lewis for Creagh. Stick with the rest IMO. Qld should lose Lilyman for Taylor and Neilsen for Inglis.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not a bad effort from the worst NSW side ever after the first 5 mins or so...was disappointing to see them give up the lead straight away at 12-10, but I guess it was to be expected after doing so much defence.

We got a lot closer than I thought we would, but it would've been nice to win.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Great to see us finally get competitive though. Very little went right for us but we were great on our line in particular. Had the game in our hands but couldn't hold on. Plenty there to be hopeful about for a blue fan.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah overall this one was better than all 3 of the last series. indeed morris, king and creagh being there hurt all the more because overall it was a fairly good team and a sign we were back on track and not doing stupid **** like picking beau scott in the centres

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Settling for the noble defeat NSWelshmen? Peuuww. Might as well just go ahead and be English, FFS.

Thread needs more gloating Maroons.

Son Of Coco

Really? Some guys who really don't deserve to be there but not as bad as that surely.
That's a quote from the Courier Roll up here. Some bloke wrote that during the week. I thought they were pretty decent myself. Making a million tackles (credit to Lockyer and Thurston's kicking close to our line) made it hard for us. Good spark in attack when we got room to move though. Would've made more line breaks than QLD wouldn't we?

Last edited:

Bobisback

International Regular
Being a Dragons hater my vision may have been blurred, but I thought that Soward had a shocking game, I didnt see him run with the ball once, seemed to be too scared to take the line on. Not only that but pretty much all of his kicks were ineffective. I know he stood up pretty well in defence, but surely you cant repick him on that.

Can someone with not so blurry vision please help me out and tell me what he did in this game?

I really wish NSW had have lost by more, they were lucky to get back into the game, and never really looked like winning. Now they only lost by 4 points they will only make one change for next game, and not a very good one. Duggan will be dropped for Hayne.

Son Of Coco

Being a Dragons hater my vision may have been blurred, but I thought that Soward had a shocking game, I didnt see him run with the ball once, seemed to be too scared to take the line on. Not only that but pretty much all of his kicks were ineffective. I know he stood up pretty well in defence, but surely you cant repick him on that.

Can someone with not so blurry vision please help me out and tell me what he did in this game?

I really wish NSW had have lost by more, they were lucky to get back into the game, and never really looked like winning. Now they only lost by 4 points they will only make one change for next game, and not a very good one. Duggan will be dropped for Hayne.
Didn't think NSW kicked that well tonight overall. Too many kicks straight down the throat of the back 3.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Didn't think NSW kicked that well tonight overall. Too many kicks straight down the throat of the back 3.
That tends to happen when you're kicking from your 30 all night.

Didn't think Soward was that bad. Defended much better than I thought he could, a few poor kicks though. He was behind a pack getting hammered so there wasn't alot for him to run at, and he's got the biggest boot in the comp as you saw with that drop out. Who else are you going to pick anyway? Carney has more talent but has been ordinary this year. Mullen is stronger in some areas, weaker in others. Persevering with this combo is worth doing IMO.

Pearce had a great game too.

ripper868

International Coach
Reckon NSW would have won if they scored more points than Queensland tbh.

Get James Maloney into the halves with Dan Mortimer IMO...both grew up in the same country town, it must be a winner...recall Tim Mortimer from France as well...the more mortimer the better...get Robbie in for good meausre as well.

Mister Wright

We may have won, but the adudicating was bull****. NSW were all over the QLDers early in the game, yet we didn't get a penalty.

NSW were lucky to be within 4 points towards the last 80 mins.

They are pure scum.