• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2010 thread

Craig

World Traveller
I would personally pick Lewis and Hindmarsh for the the NSW second row. But at least they didn't pick Kite for the aforementioned rep matches.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
No Hindmarsh? Thought he hadn't retired from the rep stuff.

Oh well, NSW to pick wide-running, 115kg backrowers who make 8 tackles a game, and Qld to run straight past them, just like the past few years, while the smaller Qld forwards knock over everything in a Blue jumper which moves.

Regulation stuff then.
I do agree with you but half of the backrowers selected play similar games except Bird, Gallen, Watmough, Mason, Learoyd-Lahrs and Laffranchi. As long as you pick 2-3 of Lewis, Stewart, Creagh, Young and Waterhouse you got enough players that do a Hindmarsh type job and probably add more in attack. with the NSW backrow it is more about balance then the actual names.

Though with Johnson in England, there probably a good chance Queensland may pick some more wide-running backrowers that make 8 tackles i.e Dave Taylor.

Also not sure why the NSW City selectors didn't give Jon Sutton a run. He finally starting to look like 5/8 and they pick a centre on the bench, make no sence.

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Round 8

ripper 6
Craig 6
NUFAN 5
James90 5
alternative 5
morgieb 5
vic_orthdox 5
Clapo 4
blewy 4
Mister Wright 4
Burgey 3
Brumby 3
Ausage 2
Simon 2
dcye 2

Burgey mentioned the need for a handicap, and for me tipping like feces appears to be what the doctor demanded. Good scores for Ripper and Craig, while NUFAN moves to within 1 point of the lead.

Overall

Ausage 41.3
NUFAN 40.1
ripper 37.1
Craig 37.1
James90 37
Clapo 36.2
morgieb 36.2
alternative 36.1
Burgey 36.1
blewy 34.1
Mister Wright 33
vic_orthdox 32.1
Brumby 32
Simon 30
dcye 30

Nudge to dcye who failed to tip for the second consecutive round. Also it looks like Morgieb will drop out of the comp soon enough :-O

As mentioned I wont be able to run the tipping comp for the next two weeks as I'm overseas. If someone wants to give a running update they're welcome to, (email musicisnotatoy at gmail dot com for the current version of the spreadsheet) however if not tip as usual, and I will compile the scores when I get back on the 18th May :)

Also what's everyone's thoughts on including the test match and City/Country?

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Round 9

Saturday May 8
Sea Eagles vs Dragons

Sunday May 9
Knights vs Titans
Storm vs Broncos

Monday May 10
Roosters vs Cowboys

BoyBrumby

Englishman
FFS. Three! By the law of averages any animate being should get 4.

Saturday May 8

Sea Eagles vs Dragons

Sunday May 9

Knights vs Titans
Storm vs Broncos

Monday May 10

Roosters vs Cowboys

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
No worries.

Saturday May 8
Sea Eagles vs Dragons

Sunday May 9
Knights vs Titans
Storm vs Broncos

Monday May 10
Roosters vs Cowboys

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Saturday May 8
Sea Eagles vs Dragons

Sunday May 9
Knights vs Titans
Storm vs Broncos

Monday May 10
Roosters vs Cowboys

Craig

World Traveller
Saturday May 8
Sea Eagles vs Dragons

Sunday May 9
Knights vs Titans
Storm vs Broncos

Monday May 10
Roosters vs Cowboys

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Saturday May 8
Sea Eagles vs Dragons
Sunday May 9
Knights vs Titans
Storm vs Broncos

Monday May 10
Roosters vs Cowboys

As I'll be in Blighty from next week, I'll bung my tips in for the following two rounds now as well.

Round 10:

Brisbane Broncos vs. Gold Coast Titans
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs vs. St George-Illawarra Dragons
Canberra Raiders vs. Melbourne Storm
Sydney Roosters vs. Newcastle Knights
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles vs. Parramatta Eels
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks vs. Penrith Panthers
Warriors vs. North Queensland Cowboys
Wests Tigers vs. South Sydney Rabbitohs

Round 11

St George-Illawarra Dragons vs. Canberra Raiders
Parramatta Eels vs. Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
Newcastle Knights vs. Wests Tigers
Penrith Panthers vs. Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Warriors vs. South Sydney Rabbitohs

Should be back by round 11, but not sure if I'll be in a fit state to post any tips as I get back the Friday.

ripper868

International Coach
Saturday May 8
Sea Eagles vs Dragons

Sunday May 9
Knights vs Titans
Storm vs Broncos

Monday May 10
Roosters vs Cowboys

howardj

International Coach
Smith Laughs at Salary Cap Increase

Getting really tired of this to be honest. Why league players think they are ENTITLED to be paid more is beyond me. They say 'oh, look at what other sportsmen get". That's like a suburban accountant (of which I am one) looking at one of the 'big four' accounting firms in the City and saying "look at what those accountants get". It's ludicrous.

The rugby league players need to learn that they will get paid in proportion to what the game generates. There's no way any league player will get $800 000 like Judd or Brown because, guess what? The game that those guys play is followed nationally and rakes in hundreds of thousands more than what League does.

Besides, I heard a stat tonight that NRL players get 23% of the Australian league pie, while AFL players get just 19%. So, whatever way you spin it, the league boys are on a decent wicket. They should also realise that guys who earn $500 000 a year are never going to win a PR battle by complaining that they are underpaid.

howardj

International Coach
And geez Hayne, who I love as a player, looked like an arse on the back page of the paper today saying that "I could walk away from the game at the conclusion of my contract because of the salary cap restrictions".

FFS he has just signed a four year $2 million deal. The earliest he can 'walk away' from league is 2014. And if you're walking away with $2 mllion in your back pocket, I don't think the punters are going to exactly feel your pain.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
And geez Hayne, who I love as a player, looked like an arse on the back page of the paper today saying that "I could walk away from the game at the conclusion of my contract because of the salary cap restrictions".

FFS he has just signed a four year $2 million deal. The earliest he can 'walk away' from league is 2014. And if you're walking away with $2 mllion in your back pocket, I don't think the punters are going to exactly feel your pain.
Long contract didn't phase SBW, tbf.

Hayne could be like gold dust in France too because, if his Fijian connections are solid enough to qualify for a passport he'd be entitled to Kolpak status, so won't be classed as an overseas player.

howardj

International Coach