• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NRL 2006 Thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
luffy said:
I am a raiders fan and i am quite happy at how we are going considering at the start of the year we were favourites for the spoon!!! We should beat Tigers and sharks but we will get smashed by storm as we always lose to them.
should is a big thing for the raiders, they should have beaten Eels, Panthers and Souths but didnt. Just imagine if they won those games, they'd be 3rd now and assured of a finals spot.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Craig said:
Brisbane have terminated the contracts of Neville Costigan and Brett Seymour

Finally a club has the balls to do such actions, although if it had been Darren Lockyer, would of he faced the same fate? Not a chance in hell.
Of course not. Ignoring this case, look at: Tevita Latu. Manhandles a woman at a gas station and the Sharks sack him. Craig Gower: gets ****ed at a golf tournament and gets overly "friendly" with a teenager. Still has a job.

There are different rules for star players, and neither Brett Seymour nor Neville Costigan are good enough to get the excuses.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Mundane Yogi said:
Of course not. Ignoring this case, look at: Tevita Latu. Manhandles a woman at a gas station and the Sharks sack him. Craig Gower: gets ****ed at a golf tournament and gets overly "friendly" with a teenager. Still has a job.

There are different rules for star players, and neither Brett Seymour nor Neville Costigan are good enough to get the excuses.
Didn't Gower have a swing at the girl's brother too when he suggested he might like to leave his sister alone? All-round good guy, Craig.

Mind you he was clobbered financially, wasn't he? Possibly even bigger punishment than being sacked; Seymour would have absolutely no probs picking up a contract for more than he was getting at an ESL team.

Craig

World Traveller
BoyBrumby said:
Didn't Gower have a swing at the girl's brother too when he suggested he might like to leave his sister alone? All-round good guy, Craig.

Mind you he was clobbered financially, wasn't he? Possibly even bigger punishment than being sacked; Seymour would have absolutely no probs picking up a contract for more than he was getting at an ESL team.

And yes Gower was fined a far bit and was thinking about asking for a release from his contract and Melbourne expressed their interest had he come a free agent, but with Cooper Cronk (doesn't that sound like a pretty bogan name?) going so well, who need's Gower? Melbourne don't.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mundane Yogi said:

Apparently Seymour and Costigan both have a history of repeat offences. If Lockyer was in the same situation, I'm sure he would have been dealt the same fate. However, he is much wiser and I doubt he would drive 3 times over the limit just for a handburger. Lockyer has had his fair share of instances in his early career, but they were relatively minor, and of course is older and wiser now and wouldn't be doing those things.

A bit off the topic, but I think if someone is caught & arrested for drink driving, they should lose their licence for life, or until they become sober. I would hate to be the judge that let someone off with a fine of drink driving and them have them back in court for drink driving and killing someone. People are well enough enformed to know that if you drink and drive not only do you put your own life at risk, but others also.

Simon

knights seem a bit strange this year, they have potential but dont seem to have the hunger...

Craig

World Traveller
Only if Johns plays well or not.

Surely they have to only team I can think of that is carried by one player?

Simon

every team has a dominate player and will lose a lot more than they win if you take him out.
marshall - tigers, lockyer - broncos, thurston - cowboys, gower - panthers etc...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
broncoman said:
every team has a dominate player and will lose a lot more than they win if you take him out.
marshall - tigers, lockyer - broncos, thurston - cowboys, gower - panthers etc...
I don't think it's always necessarily a bad thing that one player calls the shots for a particular team, provided they have a plan "B" if he's injured. I think a lot of St George's issues of late are a case of "too many cooks" with Barrett, Head & Gasnier all not quite singing from the same hymn sheet.

& Cronulla can't buy a win with Dykes & Kimmorley in the same team. So they drop Albert & bench Vagana & Gallen. Obviously....

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Looking at the table now I think Blewy's boys could still do it if they beat Canberra tomorrow! Win puts them on 22, Dragons (who're slump central just now) next week, bye & Bunnies to finish.

Raiders win tho & I think that's the 8 done & dusted.