• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NRL 2006 Thread

Craig

World Traveller
How funny would it be if Brisbane suffered a lot of injuries in the half back position, and they had to pick Seymour again, would make a mockery of not getting another game.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Craig said:
How funny would it be if Brisbane suffered a lot of injuries in the half back position, and they had to pick Seymour again, would make a mockery of not getting another game.
I've always stood by Bennett, when most others have been quick to critisise him, but I can't on this one. It isn't like keeping Perry and getting rid of Seymour is something for the future. We have yet to give Seymour a consistent run in the side. If he has one bad game he's shunted to reserves, what a joke.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mister Wright said:
I've always stood by Bennett, when most others have been quick to critisise him, but I can't on this one. It isn't like keeping Perry and getting rid of Seymour is something for the future. We have yet to give Seymour a consistent run in the side. If he has one bad game he's shunted to reserves, what a joke.
Im a Seymour fan from way back but his performances dont warrent a spot in the team at the moment. I hope he can find another NRL club and they give him a crack at 5/8 cause hes always played better there.
Perry will be offered a new contract but i dont think we will see him much in the 7 next year, Brett McConnell from the Cowboys will be coming down and id imagine he will be given first crack at the halfback spot.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Mister Wright said:
I think prior to this year he's had enough chances. The problem with Seymour is that his talent only shows sporadically. I've seen some amazing tactical kicks from him, but they're so infrequent they might just be a fluke. On top of that, he can't pass, nor can he break through the line.

Craig

World Traveller
Well I guess there could be the prospect of Seymour signing for the Titans to be back up for Campbell and Prince, but only if he didn't do anything in the Brisbane nightclub.

Chris Walker might get signed since he has now left Melbourne. I wouldn't rule it out as he is good friends with John Cartwright.

Simon

Craig said:
Well I guess there could be the prospect of Seymour signing for the Titans to be back up for Campbell and Prince, but only if he didn't do anything in the Brisbane nightclub.

Chris Walker might get signed since he has now left Melbourne. I wouldn't rule it out as he is good friends with John Cartwright.
Walker wants to play in Sydney, the reason he left Melbourne is cause Kate Ritchie was going to leave him if he didnt move back there...

Sounds like she's got chris on a pretty short leash tbh...

Craig

World Traveller
Lol with only a couple of months left in the season? This is bad as football/soccer.

Would seem odd then if Walker is on the Gold Coast...

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Since when is it a penalty to put your hands between a player's legs? Steve Clark has no idea.

Simon

Steve Clark has reffed 281 games too many. quite simply he just doesnt know the rules...

Simon

i wouldnt be too concerned if i was a dragons supporter, however id be pretty concerned with having to play parramatta right now...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
i wouldnt be too concerned if i was a dragons supporter, however id be pretty concerned with having to play parramatta right now...
Althought I don't want it to happen, but it would be pretty funny if they won the premiership after Smith jumped ship. It would be the first time in a long time that a team has won the premiership after a coach change mid season.

Craig

World Traveller
Melbourne 22-4 up over the Tigers.

What do people think about Nathan Fien deciding to play for New Zealand since he has a Kiwi Grandmother? Time to tighten up the rules?

Craig

World Traveller
Lol this turning into a carve up with Jake Webster who has a hat-trick.

Melbourne 36-4 Wests :mellow: with 19 minutes left.

Smith could knock these conversions from the sidelines with his eyes shut.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Craig said:
What do people think about Nathan Fien deciding to play for New Zealand since he has a Kiwi Grandmother? Time to tighten up the rules?
International League has been a joke for years. IIRC Scotland didn't have one native born Scotsman in their squad at the last world cup. Richard Horne qualified for them, not beacuse he had a Scots grandparent but becuase one of his grans was born in one of the channel islands which gave him the choice to play for any of the home nations!

Maybe cut the rule back to parents & not grandparents? I dunno.

Craig

World Traveller
BoyBrumby said:
International League has been a joke for years. IIRC Scotland didn't have one native born Scotsman in their squad at the last world cup. Richard Horne qualified for them, not beacuse he had a Scots grandparent but becuase one of his grans was born in one of the channel islands which gave him the choice to play for any of the home nations!

Maybe cut the rule back to parents & not grandparents? I dunno.
I think it is and it should be once you play Origin, that is it, like Fien has. He probably figured as much chance of playing Origin again as there is of Parramatta has of winning the minor premiership and the same can be said so his chances of playing for Australia.

David Faimiu has mixed feeling of it because he believes it could be blocking bona-fide Kiwis a chance by picking a bunch of Australians on a technicality who are looking for a chance of playing rep footy. However, TBF Fien has sought the blessing from Ruben Wiki who has supported him in making himself eligible for NZ.

In the Cowboys - Bulldogs game, the Doggies are leading 30-0 at half time with the prospect of a 50 or even 60 point score line. I have never seen so many holes in a sides defence, and I think Souths could have defended better with some of the Bulldogs tries :mellow:

What has happened with them? :mellow: :blink: