• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NFL 2006 Season Thread

Fusion

Global Moderator
The NFL Season starts tonight!! Dolphins-Steelers start if off. I heard Big Ben will not be playing this game. I still give the edge to the Steelers though. Then Sunday pits my Cowboys vs Jags. Jags are a pretty tough defensive team. Should be a great battle. Can't wait! :)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Colts and Patriots are over-rated. I think Dolphins, Broncos and Bengals(If CP is fit) are going to shine in AFC this year. I dont think Boys are going anywhere close to SB. Lookout for Panthers (again).

Btw my tonight's pick is Dolphins over the Steelers.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Steelers start off the NFL season with a win over the Dolphins. Pretty impressive considering Big Ben didn't play. Sanz, you should have more faith in your team! :)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
Steelers start off the NFL season with a win over the Dolphins. Pretty impressive considering Big Ben didn't play. Sanz, you should have more faith in your team! :)
I do, just dont want be ****y. ;) Daunte Interception Culpeper is back yo his usual self of throwing interceptions.

Swervy

International Captain
Sanz said:
I do, just dont want be ****y. ;) Daunte Interception Culpeper is back yo his usual self of throwing interceptions.
what do you mean??? For most of DCs career he has had perfectly reasonable Interception % stats, and thats whilst playing in one of the more vertical passing games in the league.

Now if you were talking about fumbles, then I would see what you mean!!!

Fusion

Global Moderator
My 'Boys start off with a loss against the Jags. :( The Jags are a good team, so there is no shame losing to them. Drew had a bad game. Critical int's that cost us. TO had a good game in a losing cause. Oh well, on to week 2!

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
week 1 so far

NY Jets 23 Baltimore 27 Denver 10 Buffalo 17 Cincinnati 23
Tennessee 16 Tampa Bay 0 St. Louis 18 New England 19 Kansas City 10

Philadelphia 24 Seattle 9 New Orleans 19 Atlanta 20 Dallas 17
Houston 10 Detroit 6 Cleveland 14 Carolina 6 Jacksonville 24

Chicago 26 San Francisco 27
Green Bay 0 Arizona 34

Swervy

International Captain
The Vikes won in Washington.....great start for us.

Toughy at home to Panthers next week, if Carolina play like they did on Sunday, we might have a chance

Swervy

International Captain
Fusion said:
IMO, the NFC is wide open for the taking. Any number of teams have a legitimate shot at being the NFC representative to the Superbowl. That includes the Giants, Cowboys, Seahawks, Panthers, and the Buccaneers. I would think that Seattle is the favorite to beat from the NFC. It should make for a very interesting season, what with all these teams thinking they have a legitimate shot to win it all!
only one of those 5 you mentioned won this week.

I think Dallas and the Buccs are only just about 9-7 standard, would be very surprised if either really challenged for the NFC title this year (esp. Buccs)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Swervy said:
The Vikes won in Washington.....great start for us.

Toughy at home to Panthers next week, if Carolina play like they did on Sunday, we might have a chance
Carolina has a weakness against Atlanta but I expect them to roll over Vikes next week, although after watching GreenBay play I am not sure about my bet I made early in this thread.