• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NFL 2006 Season Thread

ash chaulk

International Captain
Fusion said:
How much is Pittsburgh going to miss The Bus though? Not just as a player, but as a locker room leader? Anyway, I would say the two early favorites in the AFC are Pitt and Indi. Dare I say this is the year that Manning finally gets over the hump?? :ph34r:
i wouldnt be suprised if the bus is on the sidelines...

indi will fall over again i feel

ones to watch - arizona, cinci and panthers

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Arizona? LOL!

I don't care if they have the entire pro bowl roster at the WR. They are Arizona, thus they will suck. They are the worst franchise in NFL history.

Fusion

Global Moderator
ash chaulk said:
kurt warner a previous superbowl winner and league mvp?
He's well past his sell by date. It seems to me that he caught lightening in a bottle for those few years with the Rams. Maybe it was the system. Maybe the rest of the NFL finally caught up with his weakness. Whatever the case, he's nowhere near his MVP level.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Goughy said:
You realise that Drew Brees has left and Rivers is the QB don't you? I wouldnt expect anything except Gates to have another great year as Rivers will find nobody down field.
Incase you have not heard, Phillip Rivers the new chargers quarterback has been pretty impressive and kind of proving the decision to release Brees(who has a fitness problem) as a right one.

Swervy

International Captain
I think the regular season starts this weekend....any predictions for the Superbowl???

I think I am edging towards a Carolina vs Indianapolis SB, with the Panthers winning.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Considering i know nothing about this. I'll just pick a team at random to win.

Oakland Raiders :sleep:

Fusion

Global Moderator
pinchy81 said:
Giants to win the superbowl
IMO, the NFC is wide open for the taking. Any number of teams have a legitimate shot at being the NFC representative to the Superbowl. That includes the Giants, Cowboys, Seahawks, Panthers, and the Buccaneers. I would think that Seattle is the favorite to beat from the NFC. It should make for a very interesting season, what with all these teams thinking they have a legitimate shot to win it all!

Buddhmaster

International Captain
I got for Green Bay but kind of went off NFL last season. Used to be pretty keen, taping most games, but wouldn't have watched more then 5 games last season, all Packers.

Swervy

International Captain
Buddhmaster said:
I got for Green Bay but kind of went off NFL last season. Used to be pretty keen, taping most games, but wouldn't have watched more then 5 games last season, all Packers.
As long as the Vikes beat the Packers twice in the season, I am happy

Fusion

Global Moderator
Peter King of Sports Illustrated offers the predictions below. I am REALLY happy with his Superbowl pick! ;) :D

NFC Playoffs
Seeds: 1. Seattle. 2. Dallas. 3. Carolina. 4. Detroit. 5. Giants. 6. Philadelphia.

Wild Card: Carolina over Philadelphia. Giants over Detroit.

Divisional round: Seattle over Giants. Dallas over Carolina.

NFC Championship: Dallas over Seattle.

AFC Playoffs
Seeds: 1. Indianapolis. 2. New England. 3. Cincinnati. 4. Denver. 5. Miami. 6. San Diego.

Wild Card: Cincinnati over San Diego, Miami over Denver.

Divisional round: Indianapolis over Miami, New England over Cincinnati.

AFC Championship: Indianapolis over New England.

Super Bowl
Dallas over Indianapolis.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/09/04/mmqb/3.html#top