• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I agree with CM Punk. If NZ can't get the job done here and West Indies continue to show improvement I think it's only fair to say NZ deserve second-tier status in the 7-5 format. KW can boost his avg against the minnows for the rest of his career

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Our bowlers are probably the worst in the world on flat wickets.

Southee and Boult can't buy a wicket when they have nothing to work with.

Grossly overrated.
Hadlee could also be handled on a flat track. Some of the batsman from that era rate Imran as providing more of a threat on those flat tracks. Probably because he grew up playing on a grassless tracks, and secondly stories have it that he would just keep coming at you, bouncer after yorker after bouncer until something gave.

In this day and age the only asset on a flat track seems to be raw pace.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
I agree with CM Punk. If NZ can't get the job done here and West Indies continue to show improvement I think it's only fair to say NZ deserve second-tier status in the 7-5 format. KW can boost his avg against the minnows for the rest of his career
You may be trolling but it's not really a stretch tbh. Our bowlers aren't good enough to win NZ matches and series consistently against the top sides.

I expect us to get hammered in SA. It was a good few years, but I expect us to fall back into mediocrity in Tests.

LOI's I think we're fine, we just don't have the quality bowlers and batsmen (it's KW and Taylor, the rest are either inconsistent or not Test standard) to compete in Tests.

Last edited:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Hadlee could also be handled on a flat track. Some of the batsman from that era rate Imran as providing more of a threat on those flat tracks. Probably because he grew up playing on a grassless tracks, and secondly stories have it that he would just keep coming at you, bouncer after yorker after bouncer until something gave.

Steyn disagrees with you....

Flametree

International 12th Man
I may be completely off-base but I seem to recall Reiffel fired a few Bangladeshis a series or two back. He doesn't seem to like the minnows...

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
this series would be a great advertisement for why we need DRS if anyone cared about it

stop the press
SA have been on decline and have dropped to 7th in rankings (IIRC), even then, they're still good enough to hammer us.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Not to give Zimbabwe a backhander, but Nicholls should take note his average is lower than seven of the Zimbabwean players, and lower against them than his average versus Australia.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain

If we're performing like this against Zim on a flat deck, I can only imagine what will happen to us against the top sides on similar tracks..

Our bowling is beyond pathetic, it's shocking we don't have better bowlers.

Flem274*

123/5
SA have been on decline and have dropped to 7th in rankings (IIRC), even then, they're still good enough to hammer us.
of course they'll beat us at home. they always do.

i can't really be bothered hanging myself from the rafters over it though. go have a fap or something. you'll feel better.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
If we're performing like this against Zim on a flat deck, I can only imagine what will happen to us against the top sides on similar tracks..

Our bowling is beyond pathetic, it's shocking we don't have better bowlers.
Oh joy, you're back.

I guess we have to some overly dour type now that Blocky and Grumpy aren't floating around.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
of course they'll beat us at home. they always do.

i can't really be bothered hanging myself from the rafters over it though. go have a fap or something. you'll feel better.
Of course I didn't expect us to win, but this performance has destroyed any hope I had of us competing =\