• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in West Indies

Howsie

International Captain

Typical, forgetting a certain World Cup I think. Was New Zealand's best bowler by a country mile after we got back from India.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Southee bowled tidily this morning, did he not?

We all know he's a talent, a major one at that. He's got ample chance in the upcoming months to prove himself (red ball wise) otherwise there are guys like Milne, McClenaghan, Wheeler etc who await a chance.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member

Typical, forgetting a certain World Cup I think. Was New Zealand's best bowler by a country mile after we got back from India.
No doubt, it was a good few weeks of ODI cricket for him. Pity about everything else that he's done in the last 4 years.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Just out of interest, does anyone know if a stumping would be overruled via the third umpire if the keeper took the ball in front of the stumps? Guptill's one was close, probably safe enough but got me thinking.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Pretty certain that it would. Can't take the ball in front of the stumps from memory.

Haddin WAFC etc. etc.

gvenkat

State Captain
If you guys have any questions after the game, Feel free to send me a personal message and I will sure ask that in the press-conference. I would think there would be folks interested in asking some questions to the black cap contingent.:)

GGG

State Captain
If you guys have any questions after the game, Feel free to send me a personal message and I will sure ask that in the press-conference. I would think there would be folks interested in asking some questions to the black cap contingent.:)
How are the "no warm up matches" working out for you?

ajdude

International Coach
goddamnit i forgot this was on, i was planning on going to bed but i might have to have a gander at chris gaylord focker

Meridio

International Regular
cricinfo said:
0.3 Mills to Smith, SIX, 150.7 kph, and Smith takes full toll of the free hit, in the slot outside off, Smith gives himself lots of room to get under it and smites it over long-on
Mills bowling 150.7 kph? Sure...

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Pretty certain that it would. Can't take the ball in front of the stumps from memory.

Haddin WAFC etc. etc.
Yep, you definitely can't - I've just never heard of it being called.

Mills 150km/ph. Haha. He's pushing it to make 130 these days. Like his change-ups, though - might get him a World T20 spot.

stumpski

International Captain
177 looking a tough ask atm, RR up to 10 already with both openers gone.

Incidentally here's how the local paper previewed the matches - I always like to see cricket being explained for Americans. :p

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I think we may have a bit of trouble with Narine over the next few weeks.
Err......yep. You're right. This pitch isn't particularly taking any turn and we're bamboozled. On dust bowls, as we're led to believe they are in the Caribbean, it could get ugly.

Utterly outclassed here. Can't see where the runs are coming in the ODIs, especially if Taylor is out, and there's not much to enthuse bowling-wise either.