• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in West Indies

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
lol, we are a joke. Chris Martin, 37 soon to be 38 year old Chris Martin making a comeback to the one day team, what's the point? If the decrepit old **** can't handle a more than adequate lead up (at least he get's a warm up game) he should be put down. Shouldn't even be there to begin with anyway.
Are you suggesting Chris Martin shouldn't be in the Test side? And that his burst of 3 in Dunedin was on a green seamer? Wow. I was there, incidentally, and remember SA being 80-odd for none and completely at ease. The ball was old, Smith was lured out, Kallis got a snorter that lifted (and he made look a bit better than it was too) then AB was done with swing, not seam. He bowled tremendously throughout that summer.

And can we please get over this batting rubbish? HIs fielding as well, it's actually very adequate and I cannot recall the last big error he made.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Mills you lucky ****.
He's bowling pretty damn well, deserves a bit of luck now and then.

Looks like he has a new lease on life as well. Looked tired as hell last season but has a spark in these two games already. Apparently been working hard on changes of pace etc.

But SURELY he won't get picked for the Tests, even though Wright said he's in line.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Gayle absolutely dismissive here. The second Nethula drops a fraction short or even gives his balls a touch of air he jumps on him.

Brutal but beautiful in its way.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yarrr Watling 50. I'm going to ignore the rest of the match. Disappointed Guptill didn't score runs - he's about our only batsman with record to show can score decent runs at the 100 strike rate we need right now.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yarrr Watling 50. I'm going to ignore the rest of the match. Disappointed Guptill didn't score runs - he's about our only batsman with record to show can score decent runs at the 100 strike rate we need right now.
Guptill played a terrible, terrible shot to get out too. It was just so typical.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Second highest scorer with the bat though. His bowling has always been very hittable to the top-level aggressive limited over batsman. You probably mean though that looks like his heart's not in it, which would be not surprising given his recent comments. I'll try to watch highlights later.

Meridio

International Regular
Man, we really looked woeful. I know we haven't played for a while, and are missing several key players, but that was a seriously limp performance. I didn't see much of our bowling performance, but the little I did see was a series of full tosses and leg side half volleys, while our batsmen looked bereft of ideas on how to, you know, bat.

First bit of cricket I've seen for a while and a thoroughly depressing welcome back present it was.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, yeah. This is close to being the worst NZ ODI side I've ever seen, which given some of the dross we put out on the field in 1994-1996 is saying something. Keeping my prediction of 5-0 (barring weather).

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Whilst it's true the big guns of the Windies are pretty tough to keep in check, we wouldn't beat Bangladesh the way we're playing now. It reminds of that horrible series in 2010.

Nathan McCullum is one of our best-performing ODI players, but he's not picked? Don't get it.

Is Brendon over there yet? Now Ellis is out, our stocks are getting thinner and thinner. Bryan Waddle might get a go soon if he's over there

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Nathan McCullum is one of our best-performing ODI players, but he's not picked? Don't get it.
I was wondering about that too. Can understand they wanted to give Nethula a run but could have played NcCullum in place of Ellis. Will now I guess.

Flem274*

123/5
Pick the fastest non injured bowler in NZ (So Milne, McClenaghan or Small) and tell them their goal in life is to hit Narine in the bowling hand.:ph34r:

Flem274*

123/5
In all seriousness though I'm a bit gutted I have three hours dozing to show for that performance. I didn't expect us to win but something more than total surrender would have been nice.

I won't be getting up for the second ODI if its not a day nighter.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Some NZ fans actually stayed up? I salute how you've still got any optimism left at all.

and watching the H/Ls I've come to the conclusion that Brownlie should be played against no-one except Australia.

Last edited: