• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in South Africa

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Voltman said:
Makes up for the first innings of the first test then, doesn't it? ;)
As I said previously, Fleming was on his way to getting 289 and winning us the test by an innings. Shame he wasn't going to beat the (NZ) mythical 300 mark though.

Oh well. You can't have everything you want.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
BTW, where are all the "Fleming is only in the team because he is the captain" people this morning?

What a top effort from the man.

Now if only he can follow that up with another 9 or 10 before he retires, his stats may look respectable. Hope he can finish with an average in the 40's as not many NZer's have mangaed this - it's 39.46 right now.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Good stuff from Fleming. Hopefully he can share in a good partnership with Vettori and make a big hundred (or rather, double hundred). :)

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
NZTailender said:
Good stuff from Fleming. Hopefully he can share in a good partnership with Vettori and make a big hundred (or rather, double hundred). :)
Yeah. Be nice for Flem, Vettori and Franklin to make them grovel!!!

Even Patel can bat a little.

***cough***martin***cough***just declare at 9 down unless Fleming is 199 no****

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Voltman said:
Did you manage to get home fairly quickly? In which case, you would have been a Highway Star...
They absolutley did that one.

And I didn't get home that quickly. I went Space Trekking first.

Blaze

Banned
sirjeremy11 said:
Because if he doesn't, all the Vettori haters will come out of the woodwork again.

I hope (for his sake) that Jeet's doesn't outbowl him.
The pitch is turning. If Vettori doesn't perform here we should be looking at different options for a Test spinner. :p

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Blaze said:
The pitch is turning. If Vettori doesn't perform here we should be looking at different options for a Test spinner. :p
Which options?

Patel? Bruce Martin?

They appear to be the only two in my mind.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
sirjeremy11 said:
I missed them. But I did see Deep Purple last night. I missed the start of the cricket for it.

Traitor.
Guess Deep Purple took you on some magical ride there J. Cause I was texting you with updates only to hear nothing more from you....

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
_Ed_ said:
"Astle's 222 was at Jade Stadium in Christchurch...on one of those New Zealand pitches held together by glue"

Honestly.
Yeah, I didn't see anyone else scoring the fastest double century in history in that match.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
mundaneyogi said:
Yeah, I didn't see anyone else scoring the fastest double century in history in that match.
No, but at the time, Thorpe's was second fastest (in terms of balls), then third. It's now eighth!

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
sirjeremy11 said:
No, but at the time, Thorpe's was second fastest (in terms of balls), then third. It's now eighth!
J, if only you had a pic of Turner be bowled by a 19 year old Mosgiel born fast bowler. Ah well.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
sirjeremy11 said:
I missed them. But I did see Deep Purple last night. I missed the start of the cricket for it.

Traitor.
Hey - I was there too.

Took bloody ages to get out of the place. What is is with Auckland and crappy event centres?

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Sir Redman said:
Hey - I was there too.

Took bloody ages to get out of the place. What is is with Auckland and crappy event centres?
Whoever invented ANYTHING in Auckland obviously never thought the population would get above 100,000.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Blakey said:
J, if only you had a pic of Turner be bowled by a 19 year old Mosgiel born fast bowler. Ah well.
Glad you aren't dyslexic otherwise if you mispelt "bowled" that statement would, certainly, be suspect.