• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in South Africa

Isolator

State 12th Man
_Ed_ said:
In fact I think it's hard to argue.

Chris Martin should consider himself very lucky indeed.
Hey, check out www.random.org - it's how Bracewell chooses his team.

Seriously, WTF?! Mills out, Martin stays? Mills, who seems to be the only NZ bowler who's improved a bit, and can bat a bit... left out for Martin?

Loony BoB

International Captain
I can only assume Martin is being kept in just to 'add variety to the attack', because that's the only excuse I can think of.

Heaven forbid, two openers making more than 15 runs each!

EDIT: 15.4 Nel to Fulton, 1 run, turns it to short mid wicket for a single, Ntini cuts it off from mid off, that also brings up the fifty for New Zealand!

50/0... who'd've thunk it?

Last edited:

thedarkmullet

School Boy/Girl Captain
Loony BoB said:
I can only assume Martin is being kept in just to 'add variety to the attack', because that's the only excuse I can think of.

Heaven forbid, two openers making more than 15 runs each!

EDIT: 15.4 Nel to Fulton, 1 run, turns it to short mid wicket for a single, Ntini cuts it off from mid off, that also brings up the fifty for New Zealand!

50/0... who'd've thunk it?

Perhaps this crazy idea of picking opening batsmen has some merit.

James

Cricket Web Owner
and Ed just tells me this is the first time someone has chosen to bowl first on this ground in 78 years of Test cricket!

What an amazing statistic!

thedarkmullet

School Boy/Girl Captain
James said:
and Ed just tells me this is the first time someone has chosen to bowl first on this ground in 78 years of Test cricket!

What an amazing statistic!
Odd descision, the two spinners should work well for NZ in the last innings.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Astle in it seems (according to Cricinfo).

I hope he scores a century. He doesn't have a good record vs South Africa (in either form). And Fleming. His highest score vs the Saffies is 99 (in tests).

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"Astle's 222 was at Jade Stadium in Christchurch...on one of those New Zealand pitches held together by glue"

Honestly.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
_Ed_ said:
"Astle's 222 was at Jade Stadium in Christchurch...on one of those New Zealand pitches held together by glue"
And lady luck is on his side today, after being given not out for what looked like and was a regulation caught behind.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Very true.

But still, it annoys me that because one pitch in 1999 was held together by glue, the South African commentator assumes they all are.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
New Zealand doing well here, both players are fortunate to be there but you make your own luck in life and the pitch seems to be getting more easier and manageable to bat on though surprisingly Boje looks rather threatening. If they don’t lose too many tonight, they should take control come tomorrow afternoon when the pitch should be at it's best.

Blaze

Banned
The commentators have been really poor... Ian Bishop should try and be more neutral to balance things out a bit.