• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in South Africa

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"Follow-on target is 393 but you can bet your bottom dollar Stephen Fleming won't enforce it"

...really?

_Ed_

Of course. I shouldn't get too big for my boots.

Well bowled Jeetan Patel. Excellent work getting Smith in his first test over.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Patters gets Smith with his third ball. By the way, how the hell did Patel get picked when his domestic average is over 40!?

_Ed_

andyc said:
Patters gets Smith with his third ball. By the way, how the hell did Patel get picked when his domestic average is over 40!?
Spinners in NZ all have pretty bad averages. Seaming pitches.

oz_fan

International Regular
_Ed_ said:
Spinners in NZ all have pretty bad averages. Seaming pitches.
Is Patel the second best spinner in NZ? Are there any others you think could play tests in the near future?

_Ed_

Bruce Martin has been close for quite a long time, but he's the same style as Vettori which goes against him a bit.

Patel's stats aren't as good as some of the others but when you watch him bowl he looks clearly the second best.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Amazes me the difference in turn between Vettori and Patel.

Vettori is hardly spinning it at all and Patel is getting really sharp turn and looks extremely dangerous. Almost un-playable to Amla.

Sw1fty

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah very interesting that Patel is getting good turn and Vettori isn't. Patel making the batsman play.

Zinzan

To me, Vettori bowls equally as well whether the pitch is helping or not. Since his main injury, he has relied on flight, drift and change of pace to get his wickets and hasn't been a big spinner of the ball. Still a good test bowler, but seldom rips through sides.