• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in South Africa

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Fleming you beauty!

The knock being described as timely would be an understatement, particularly to those Kiwi fans who claimed Fleming didn't step up and take charge with the bat often enough ;)

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
Couldnt have had a nicer pairing of people to frustrate me all day.. And NZ havent done much in SA so hats off to them.. As long as they don't go on and win..
I know the South African middle is rank but you would have to think they could get a decent total on this wicket. Also fantastic knocks by Fleming and Franklin, rode their luck and were grateful that some of the South Africans have still not learnt how to catch a ball but once Fleming was dropped he looked pretty much invincible.

Will New Zealand declare tonight is a major point, Franklin would love to get a ton but play will doubtlessly be held up for at least an hour tomorrow morning with bad light and wetness on the outfield. Meaning New Zealand will only have about five and a bit hours to bowl because the South Africans will be coming off pretty early tomorrow tonight, that’s for sure.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
Fleming you beauty!

The knock being described as timely would be an understatement, particularly to those Kiwi fans who claimed Fleming didn't step up and take charge with the bat often enough ;)
What was so good about it was how he dominated Nicky Boje, played the guy with contempt.

On the subject of Boje, questions need to be asked about weather the guy should even play in the next test let alone the series in Sri Lanka, he looks completely ominous and harmless regardless of the defensive fields Smith sets for him. Though Andre Nel was no better, bowling at 118 k is taking the ****. It’s acceptable that Ntini’s pace dropped to 125 k come the close but he carried the bowling line up and took four wickets, Nel has done sweet FA. He was bowling in the high 130’s, low 140’s a year ago.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Surely Nel just simply isn't fit and they're rushing him back way too often again and again? Because you know he'd give his all every time he bowls, he's not underbowling himself deliberately.

Regarding Boje, I know you're right, but he's so cool. :(

Grubb

Cricket Spectator
So, after this knock, Flem's stats become even more skewed:

home 47 77 2 2474 192 129 97 32.98 2 17
away 54 94 8 3978 274* 262 202 46.26 7 24

Anyone else reckon NZ should try playing a few home games at neutral venues? :happy:

Sw1fty

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well done to both batsman. Fleming was under pressure to produce and he did. Unless NZ can get South Africa out cheaply I'd suggest this test will be headed for a draw.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Sir Redman said:
Well, hopefully Fleming, Vettori, Franklin and Patel can put together another 100 runs between them and we end up with 350 minimum. Its about time Franklin scored some runs, everyone always goes on about his ability yet he still hasn't really delivered at test level.
:laugh:

James Franklin obviously reads Cricketweb.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Prince looked like a handy bowler there - good flight and accuracy, although he didn't get much turn. IMO he looked more threatening than Boje, who I thought bowled alright yesterday but pretty terribly today.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm... If New Zealand want to have any chance of winning this, Franklin will need to hurry up and get his century. Without Bond, they're going to struggle to get South Africa out twice, I reckon.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
True. The pitch will turn though so I'm hoping our spinners do a better job than Boje did.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
andyc said:
Hmm... If New Zealand want to have any chance of winning this, Franklin will need to hurry up and get his century. Without Bond, they're going to struggle to get South Africa out twice, I reckon.
They may as well occupy the crease for as long as possible now because victory well probably only come through making South Africa follow on.

Franklin 200 anyone?

PY

International Coach
If he goes on the slog a la the over he brought up his century then they might let him. But probably not.

How gutted would Gillespie be if Franklin went 1 run past him. :laugh:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
PY said:
If he goes on the slog a la the over he brought up his century then they might let him. But probably not.

How gutted would Gillespie be if Franklin went 1 run past him. :laugh:
Not in the slightest.

After all, Franklin's a tail-ender, and No 3 batsmen don't begrudge the bunnies their success once in a while.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Declaration. Well played Franklin, my favourite Kiwi player. :)

Hopefully Dan the Man can dominate. :thumbsup:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Well done James Franklin !! NZ definitely has the best tail in World Cricket . *and this was not scored against Bangladesh !!*:laugh: