• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in South Africa

Cam7

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Does anyone have the SMS number for questions to the radio commentary team (including the appropriate international prefix from NZ)? I've heard them read out and answer many, many questions, but I've never once heard them tell anyone what the number is. Does anyone here know what it is? I've got a couple of questions I'd like to ask. Cheers.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
andyc said:
What's so strange about him?
He bats square on and looks rather un-gamely against pace bowling other than that his a pretty good cricketer, very wristy and plays spin well. Though saying that this pitch is pretty much a road now, real test will come on a testing wicket against quality fast bowlers.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Vettori with the breakthough. Good knock by Amla though! Full credit to the lad.

Looks as though Vettori's been bowling tight as well (Only have Cricinfo here..)

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
i thought Amla was a unlucky to be given out.. thought he had an edge on to the pads.. not entirely sure tho..

Langeveldt

Soutie
I'm impressed with Darryl Cullinan's (the guy with the thick accent) commentary.. Of the recent former players operating at the moment I'd say he's the best, very eloquent

Langeveldt

Soutie
Cam7 said:
Does anyone have the SMS number for questions to the radio commentary team (including the appropriate international prefix from NZ)? I've heard them read out and answer many, many questions, but I've never once heard them tell anyone what the number is. Does anyone here know what it is? I've got a couple of questions I'd like to ask. Cheers.
the SA prefix is +27, not sure what the number for quezzies is, try the SABC website, www.sabc.co.za

Autobahn

State 12th Man
alternative said:
i thought Amla was a unlucky to be given out.. thought he had an edge on to the pads.. not entirely sure tho..
I reckon Alma going to see a lot of use when SA tour India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan seems like he's gonna stuggle against pace though.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
You know it's a road when Ashwell Prince gets a fifty, AB must be kicking himself for missing out.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
zzzzz

The deck is just a road

The commentators dont know anything

The commentators are the most biased i have ever heard

The camera men are monkeys who cant follow balls

*Turns off tv*

Langeveldt

Soutie
MoxPearl said:
zzzzz

The deck is just a road

The commentators dont know anything

The commentators are the most biased i have ever heard

The camera men are monkeys who cant follow balls

*Turns off tv*
lol, go and watch some Zimbabwe v West Indies then..

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Well, I can't say that Amla's technique impresses me in the slightest, but hey, he made 150 odd so I doubt many South Africans will be complaining.

We never really looked like taking wickets today (from what I saw). The pitch looks like a road, there's less turn now than there was on the first day and I haven't seen any balls stay really low or jag back off a crack. Franklin got the ball to reverse swing a bit, but he completely wasted it by being nowhere near as consistent as he should have been and not being able to swing it both ways.

I can't see any sporting declarations from SA here, they have nothing at all to gain by attempting to force a result, so it looks like this one's heading for a draw.