• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Ross gave Kane a stand for 9 overs and lasted just long enough that his wicket wasn’t immediately consecutive to lathams
Had Ross definitely failed in his innings but he did get us to tea
And from tea we should be able to bat it out
Ross gets a two out of ten for his inning from me rather than a zero or one.
It's not a bunsen burner though. At the time when Ross came in we were still an outside chance of putting pressure on in the chase. Now it's completely dead and India can set whatever fields they like because we're not chasing it.

Meridio

International Regular
Nicholls has had an absolute shocker this test. Two woeful dismissals for single figure scores and a dropped catch that cost us a lot. 0/10.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Kane needs to at least capitalise on anything off target. India have been accurate for the most part but can't be a batsman of his stature and allow the opposition to boss you.

Hurricane2

U19 Cricketer
It's not a bunsen burner though. At the time when Ross came in we were still an outside chance of putting pressure on in the chase. Now it's completely dead and India can set whatever fields they like because we're not chasing it.
Rahane is so conservative he won’t go Uber attacking any time soon

Moss

Nicholls has had an absolute shocker this test. Two woeful dismissals for single figure scores and a dropped catch that cost us a lot. 0/10.
Said it before, not sure if NZ can afford both him and Taylor in the middle order for too much longer (especially abroad), though back in NZ they'll be okay I guess. Once Conway's back, Young must be very close to becoming a first choice middle order player.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kane needs to at least capitalise on anything off target. India have been accurate for the most part but can't be a batsman of his stature and allow the opposition to boss you.
What difference would that really make though, except maybe the extra time it takes them to fetch the ball. They wouldn't change the field.

Hurricane2

U19 Cricketer
Said it before, not sure if NZ can afford both him and Taylor in the middle order for too much longer (especially abroad), though back in NZ they'll be okay I guess. Once Conway's back, Young must be very close to becoming a first choice middle order player.
Ross will surely retire this home summer
Wants to retire when he wants and he has earned that

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Would actually prefer Young opening and Conway in the middle order.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It's too late for that now. A few boundaries won't put them under pressure at all now.

Moss

Wants to retire when he wants and he has earned that
Yup, I hear this line a lot, but I would look a little deeper into his test contributions. Apart from a couple of decent tests in England this summer, he has not been a factor abroad for the longest time, and that's too long for a no.4 batsman to escape scrutiny. Would have considered moving him to no.6 TBF.