• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Defensive bowling from one end is a tactic that Kane has used successfully before. E.g. vs Eng at Auckland in day/night game, after an early wicket burst from the quicks he used lots of de Grandhomme instead of Astle, less chance of a wicket but slowed scoring to < 2 rpo, meant that when Boult and Southee returned the total wouldn't have increased by too much.

So perhaps here he is thinking 4-5 overs each from the quicks from the same end, and needs 8-10 overs at the other end for as few runs as possible. Ajaz leaking too many boundaries, so Ravindra bowls. Then if India get to be 7 down he switched to both quicks until they are exhausted.
Yeah, I'm comfortable to eat my words to a point. Obviously a wicket makes or breaks that strategy. And yeah, Rachin was 100% the guy to do the job in this Test - Ajaz has been sub-par.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Damn I somehow forgot about Saha. Not bad when your number 8 averages over 35 in Test cricket - Vettori-like depth.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Should have a bat pad in for Saha and more players around the bat. He's not looking to score off Jamieson.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Missed a lot of this Test, so parfon the dumb question, but how come Saha's batting but didnt keep in the 2nd innings?
Don't know what the rule is, but used to be that if you were off the ground for a period of time or more, you had to bat below 7-8?

But yeah, it's a bit of horse **** that you can be completely absent from an innings then come out and bat at 8, let alone anywhere.

vandem

International 12th Man
Now Kane needs a change, 2 overs from Somerville then try Patel again. Southee only bowled 3 since lunch, so he comes back when Jamieson needs a rest.

pomnotenglish

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Meanwhile Sunny G on air " If India get a lead of 200, they will win I think. If Ravindra is getting so much turn, imagine how much turn Axar & co. will get." I agree with his thoughts.
Rest, will hope against hope that his words don't come true.
Best of luck Kiwis.