• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You specifically said that all bowlers will be threatening on this track.

Respectfully, Ishant and Umesh are not the bowlers that Southee and KJ are.

Yes, but does not mean one sort cant be more threatening than the other. I am not sure what you do not get or have a hard time understanding. This is not the danger area rule mate.

And KJ is very much early in his career. It is way too early to say he is better than Ishant or Umesh. Potentially better and has more tools to succeed, yes.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Hell I don't care if you block out Axar and Ashwin because they've bowled bloody well, but there's 3 other bowlers who could have been scored off. Ishant has only gone at 2.33 an over despite looking completely toothless. Jadeja hasn't looked great and has someone gone for only 1.72 an over.

In contrast Iyer looked to attack Ajaz, as well as Jamieson when he tired.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, but does not mean one sort cant be more threatening than the other. I am not sure what you do not get or have a hard time understanding. This is not the danger area rule mate.

And KJ is very much early in his career. It is way too early to say he is better than Ishant or Umesh. Potentially better and has more tools to succeed, yes.
The point, HB, was that your posts were discrediting Southee and Jamieson's wickets with a "this is not a true SC pitch" disclaimer, as if this pitch is some sort of anomaly that actually suits pace bowlers. Yet as we've seen, it's a low, slow wicket that's not great for fast bowlers, and pace bowlers who do well do so because they bowl well. And that was very apparent right from the beginning of the test.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The point, HB, was that your posts were discrediting Southee and Jamieson's wickets with a "this is not a true SC pitch" disclaimer, as if this pitch is some sort of anomaly that actually suits pace bowlers.
When I said "this is as good as it gets for seamers in India, and maybe even in the SC", it is mainly because of the winter mornings and the 9:30 AM starts and if you get the new SG ball in your hands at that time, that is as good as you can expect conditions to help you. It does not mean its freaking England in June. You get the same pitch in March and you will realize why this is far better for the seamers. It does not mean they did not have to bowl well to get their wickets and neither did I ever say that in any of my posts. And yes, Ishant and Umesh with the new SG ball on this track at 9:30 AM will be a handful too, but its just that Ash/Axar are better options.

Please tell me where I ever said they did not bowl well or that this is not a true SC pitch.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
When I said "this is as good as it gets for seamers in India, and maybe even in the SC", it is mainly because of the winter mornings and the 9:30 AM starts and if you get the new SG ball in your hands at that time, that is as good as you can expect conditions to help you. It does not mean its freaking England in June. You get the same pitch in March and you will realize why this is far better for the seamers. It does not mean they did not have to bowl well to get their wickets and neither did I ever say that in any of my posts. And yes, Ishant and Umesh with the new SG ball on this track at 9:30 AM will be a handful too, but its just that Ash/Axar are better options.

Please tell me where I ever said they did not bowl well or that this is not a true SC pitch.
What cricket have you been watching if you seriously think this has been the most pace-friendly conditions you've seen in the SC?

Like how can you even say that with a straight face?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
What cricket have you been watching if you seriously think this has been the most pace-friendly conditions you've seen in the SC?

Like how can you even say that with a straight face?
I think much more than you, given your responses so far.

And its easy. I always keep a straight face when stating facts.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Honestly anyone doubting Kane and Taylor aren't in their right mind.

Come second inning they'll be the two you would want batting Iike in wtc finals.