• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Bangladesh

Athlai

Not Terrible
Washout for Black Caps

Oct 7, 2008

The New Zealand cricket team suffered their first setback on tour in Bangladesh on Tuesday when rain wiped out their only warmup match ahead of the international series.

The New Zealanders were due to play a one-dayer against a Bangladesh Cricket Board 11 at Fatullah Stadium in Dhaka.

Instead, the match was called off without a ball being bowled after continuing heavy rain had left the ground sodden.

Team management was attempting to arrange an indoor training session for the tourists, who play the first of three one-day internationals against Bangladesh at Mirpur, on the outskirts of Dhaka, on Thursday.

A two-match test series follows the one-dayers.

TVNZ.com

~DanVettoriFan~

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I'm rather excited!!! We SHOULD crush Bangladesh, but knowing us we'll make it difficult!!! I think the time difference between the countries is great! :) means we don't have to stay up halfway through the night.

Polo23

International Debutant
Yeah...what time do the games start, around 4pm? Pretty handy timing.

A shame about the weather in Bangladesh at the moment though...did we come during their rainy season or something?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Lately i've began to hate cricinfo. Their coverage is beyond ridiculous for games which arent full internationals. They could atleast have semi-live updates.
Dispute between Cricinfo and NZ cricket a while ago IIRC. Cricinfo can do coverage of pretty much everyones domestic cricket, but they don't do New Zealand's, or most of our tour matches.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Dispute between Cricinfo and NZ cricket a while ago IIRC. Cricinfo can do coverage of pretty much everyones domestic cricket, but they don't do New Zealand's, or most of our tour matches.
They don't do the Sheffield Shield in Australia, which I find rather disappointing because it is not televised, even on Fox.

Polo23

International Debutant
From memory cricinfo don't even bother to do domestic games in NZ which are televised. I've noticed they are incredibly slack and do very little coverage on any cricket New Zealand is involved with, which is disappointing.

Also, did anyone see that bull**** stanford 20/20 game is not sanctioned? Does that mean, like the IPL, the players who play in it will be banned by the ICC? I doubt it. The ICC are a bunch of hypocritical bullies only out to impress the BCCI.

NZTailender

From memory cricinfo don't even bother to do domestic games in NZ which are televised. I've noticed they are incredibly slack and do very little coverage on any cricket New Zealand is involved with, which is disappointing.
www.blackcaps.co.nz covers our matches. As I said, NZ cricket and Cricinfo aren't best of friends.

bryce

International Regular
Might ask CricInfo for a job, update NZ domestic games straight off Radio Sport ha

Jakester1288

International Regular
They sort of do, more so than NZ domestic.
I can't remember a single Sheffield Shield on Cricinfo last season. (It was the Pura Cup then.) I know they do a few One Day domestic games for us, but I really thought they would do some Shield matches. At least we have cricket.com.au for that. :)

NZTailender

I can't remember a single Sheffield Shield on Cricinfo last season. (It was the Pura Cup then.) I know they do a few One Day domestic games for us, but I really thought they would do some Shield matches. At least we have cricket.com.au for that. :)
They didn't do ball by ball for Sheffield shield; usually session or daily updates though on the Australian part of the Cricinfo site.

NZTailender

Martin ruled out of the tests as well after initially thought to be out for just the one dayers. Gillespie drafted in as his replacement.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Well that would seem to make the debate about whether Southee should play academic.

Days of Grace

International Captain
So the stupid ****en selectors leave Martin out, because he is not conditioned enough.

So, now, he will go into the Australian tests totally rusty and thus be even more then usual.

Who cares if he is not 100% conditioned FFS. He will still take 5 wickets or more against this rank Bangladesh side.

Foolish move.