• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2019/20

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Credit where due, good day's play for NZ. Latham did well to come out and focus for a whole session after a long time out in the field captaining, seems to wear responsibility well enough . Definite positive from NZ leadership perspective. For once Australia made to work, and might feel a tad annoyed about not kicking on to 500 plus in any of the tests so far after a strong foundation, though it's been irrelevant in the larger scheme of things.

Shady Slim

International Coach
so do the kiwis like, pathologically need to be underestimated before they can do well or what ffs, because that was a fine day for them tbqh

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Highest opening partnership for NZ in Australia since Richardson and Vincent stitched together 77 in 2001.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good day for New Zealand, these two dug in rather well. Still a long way to go and I think it might be too hard to force a result given their impacted batting lineup, but a much better display than what we saw in the first two Tests.

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
Credit where due, good day's play for NZ. Latham did well to come out and focus for a whole session after a long time out in the field captaining, seems to wear responsibility well enough . Definite positive from NZ leadership perspective.
Yeah, and I was impressed that he stationed himself at short square leg when our spinners were bowling, rather than pull rank on one of the newbies.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Gritty stuff from the Toms. Decent start, but I get the feeling with this batting lineup and the state of the pitch that wickets could fall in a rush at any time. Still, can't complain about the day.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member

Moss

International Vice-Captain
I recall Vincent scoring a double hundred in the middle order vs SL (during an injury ravaged summer) and almost immediately being told by coach Bracewell that he wouldn't fit into the lineup if he wasn't willing to open. Around the same time was encouraged to become a slogger at the top of the order in ODIs. All went south after that.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I recall Vincent scoring a double hundred in the middle order vs SL (during an injury ravaged summer) and almost immediately being told by coach Bracewell that he wouldn't fit into the lineup if he wasn't willing to open. Around the same time was encouraged to become a slogger at the top of the order in ODIs. All went south after that.
He was abysmally treated by the management at that time. He played just about every position in the lineup from 1-6. he was best at 3 or 4, really.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Yeah, Vincent, like Sinclair, was unlucky in that they were competing with the established senior players who were never going to be dropped (Fleming, Styris, Astle, McMillan).

Vincent did have an excellent ODI series in Australia in 06/07, but never got another extended run in tests. I was hoping they would recall him in 09/10 after his ICL stint. Instead they went with Peter Ingram..

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, and I was impressed that he stationed himself at short square leg when our spinners were bowling, rather than pull rank on one of the newbies.
No that's weak. He isn't willing to blood his lads, elite brutality is needed.

thierry henry

International Coach
Can’t believe this was just allowed to let slide to feed a false narrative

Vincent was a TERRIBLE ODI player UNTIL he got the opportunity to be a slogging opener