• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2019/20

jcas0167

International Debutant
Unfortunate dismissal for NZ's answer to Tony Grieg, Luddick, attempting to reverse-sweep Sommerville. Now Auckland are collapsing - is the smoke affecting batting at Eden Park?

vandem

International 12th Man
Unfortunate dismissal for NZ's answer to Tony Grieg, Luddick, attempting to reverse-sweep Sommerville. Now Auckland are collapsing - is the smoke affecting batting at Eden Park?
Smoke not an issue. But a very blustery wind. Suits a shorter stockier seamer like McEwan. Skinny beanpoles like Tickner might get blown up and over the sightscreen ....

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
That's definitely 140+ The one to Broom took off from length. Lad looks very sharp and fairly accurate for that pace. Invariably he will go for runs no doubt but on his day he will likely run through the line up. Fantastic find.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes Sears vs. Foxcroft has been a very good duel. Foxcroft possibly got away with a little inside edge a couple of overs earlier, but his reprieve only meant getting the chance to wear one flush in the arm from Sears. Pleased to see he's come back out after tea, and he's going to keep taking Sears on with pull shots.

nzfan

Yes Sears vs. Foxcroft has been a very good duel. Foxcroft possibly got away with a little inside edge a couple of overs earlier, but his reprieve only meant getting the chance to wear one flush in the arm from Sears. Pleased to see he's come back out after tea, and he's going to keep taking Sears on with pull shots.

Foxcroft has been coping all right hasn't he? Showing some good fight along with Duffy. Otago in lead of 20+ runs now with flurry of boundaries off Sears and Neesham.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Unfortunate that after weathering that barrage, Foxcroft succumbed trying to force the pace against Nofal's gentle left-arm orthodox.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Funnily enough thats the subheading to Mark Craig's upcoming self-titled autobiography.
Back in my earlier abrasive posting days, I would've suggested the working title was '50 more Test scalps than Athlai'

But not now. You're entitled to an opinion. Just like I think Will Williams has a run-up and an action like a hungover 4th grader on 2 hours sleep.
:happy:

nzfan

Darryl Mitchell a flamboyant 100 and Santner smashing it all over the park. Very good signs for BCs lower middle order.

Duffy had a great game irrespective of the result for Otago. Will he ever be able to make the BCs in any format ever? He's been on the circuit since ages and he's only 25. He can't do it all alone though, Otago need some bowlers to chip in. Nathan Smith looks tired in the very first game. Hope he can turn it around. The pitch was suited for his style of bowling. His fours package in the first inning was a delight to watch.

Rachin Ravindra looking better than before? His shots around the ground are outstanding. The second inning was a shorter one but on a wearing pitch his back foot shots are amazing, some of them top notch.

Ben Sears for me is the find for Firebirds in this game. Haven't seen too many first class bowlers bowl with the kind of pace and bounce he did here. I'm a fan, he's got a very good future.

So far lots of youngsters in this round have shown good form. Ravindra, Foxcroft, Sears, Schmulian, Seifert...

Would have been nice if Kane, Taylor, Jeet, Guptill etc had some decent time but anyways BCs are starting with T20s so form in this format may mean nothing.

Last edited:

Mike5181

International Captain
I feel like a New Zealand A side right now would beat a good chunk of our past test teams, honestly. The depth and amount of talent that we have coming through right now is pretty crazy.

Flem274*

123/5
hmmm i can think of 2-3 injuries that might make that depth look very thin. imagine missing any 3 of kane, ross, watling or the pace trio for the summer? yea grim af

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
pace trio out and we may get Henry, Bennett, Ferguson as our attack. Pretty juicy stuff.
Absolutely. Then you have Jamieson waiting in the wings, I know he's not a well-liked figure around here but Kuggleleijn offers a bit, Bracewell, Rance, Tickner, Milne...it's not a bad set of back-ups at all. I'd say depth is absolutely incredibly good. And losing all 3 of a pace trio is a pretty unheard of scenario in any case. Especially our three, who don't have any major history of injury, certainly recurring.

Batting, yeah it's threadbare - but which country has truly meaningful depth? Australia doesn't, England doesn't, even India's second tier isn't that flash. We've got a couple of OK future prospects, certainly pretty good ones in Young and Ravindra, Seifert has good potential, and now a guy like Conway might offer something.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I can't wait for old man Guptill to have to come into a Test series at number 5 after multiple batting injuries for one last hurrah.