• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2019/20

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Kane played few classy shots as usual, good nut from Matt Henry to get him. It nipped and bounced.

Taylor not so good delivery, just went at it. Probably taking it easy.

Ravindra consistent in scoring fifties, lad needs to score big when he gets in. From memory he's had few 70s, 80s and 90s this year? Got out to innocuous nothing delivery. Probably lost focus.

Ben Sears has broken Hawkins' fingers I'm told. Although no wickets to show it seems he was the quickest on the park in this round of PS. I'm predicting if he stays fit he will play for BCs this year.

Seifert pick of the batsman I guess, some shots are out of the text book. He must have worked hard on his batting or the NZC must have been working with him good.

The wicket keeping spot heats up with Tom Blundell going berserk. It was a tough track. I suppose he was facing 60 overs old ball but still was treating the attack like club attack.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep I used to love using the Pooch's match filter to quickly find some of these spicier one-on-one duels you hear about within a contest.

I'll try to find Sears vs. Hawkins the hard way. Stand by.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep these Aussie club bats expect an endless diet of Matt McEwans and bad Mark Craig when they come here sometimes. Just occasionally a Sears type will show their ambition and cheek has got them in over their skis a little bit.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Surely this is the summer where he gets a decent run in the New Zealand team, 20/20 and ODI.

There was a discussion earlier about the next batsman after Will Young, I’d be willing to bet he’s our man. He’s opened and batted at three more then enough during his first class career as well.
Hope so. His weight transfer looks absolutely spot on, from memory he's been a bit of a hang back and pull sort of guy? But the runs off Henry especially looked all class.

As someone said, I'd advocate him dropping the gloves. Can clearly make it with just the bat.

nzfan

Yep these Aussie club bats expect an endless diet of Matt McEwans and bad Mark Craig when they come here sometimes. Just occasionally a Sears type will show their ambition and cheek has got them in over their skis a little bit.

Awesome, cheers mate... Look at the one at 0.17 the carry and see how far back the keeper is standing. The pitch is not all that quick either and he's steaming it in.

Any chance you could grab the ones he bowled to Kelly from the first and second inning? I'm told they were rapid.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Looks like Matt Henry and Freddie Flintoffs bowling actions had an affair and that's the love child.

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Another fairly comical run out to end the CD innings.

Didn't expect much cricket after the big hailstorm here in Chch just a couple of hours ago. It's still very cold and windy here, though the sun is out so should get the rest of the day in. WIll hopefully head down to watch for a bit if work calms down today!

Watched a bit of Wagner bowling the other day. His figures weren't great in the end but was causing some serious trouble early on in his spell. Had Nicholls dropped at slip and beat the bat a few times.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member

Always great to see a young quick bowling fast.

Gotta feel for Hawkins if has finger(s) are broken though - that's the end of this round of PS for him then. I see he played for Sydney University but is an NZer.

Going back to young fast bowlers though, can't say Nathan Smith's bowling shows as much potential now as it looked like at 19 - no particular extremes of pace, height/bounce or swing - might become a batting allrounder.

nzfan

Seth Rance causing havoc for Auckland, they are 25/4 The big guns Jeet Raval and Guptill gone followed by Phillips and Solia.

nzfan

Seifert meanwhile gets out to probably the worse ball he faced, shows it doesn't always take a good ball to get someone out in cricket.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Seifert meanwhile gets out to probably the worse ball he faced, shows it doesn't always take a good ball to get someone out in cricket.
Funnily enough thats the subheading to Mark Craig's upcoming self-titled autobiography.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Funnily enough thats the subheading to Mark Craig's upcoming self-titled autobiography.
Back in my earlier abrasive posting days, I would've suggested the working title was '50 more Test scalps than Athlai'

But not now. You're entitled to an opinion. Just like I think Will Williams has a run-up and an action like a hungover 4th grader on 2 hours sleep.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Back in my earlier abrasive posting days, I would've suggested the working title was '50 more Test scalps than Athlai'

But not now. You're entitled to an opinion. Just like I think Will Williams has a run-up and an action like a hungover 4th grader on 2 hours sleep.
ok

Athlai

Not Terrible
It'd be ideal if he gets in such a poor run of form that one of the young guns like Seifert can swoop in and take that spot more permanently. Raval could very well continue on averaging about 30 as an opener for a few years, but I wouldn't shed any tears if this is his last season.