• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2019/20

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
CD needing 80 with 5 wickets in hand in the final sesh! Should be a cracker if the weather holds. Cleaver has gotta be in with a shout in NZ colours some time soon
Sawn off, by Jamieson's convincing Broad-like appeal.

Immenso

Some milestones.

Jacob Duffy 7-89. Best First Class bowling figures. Previous best 6-83

Daryl Mitchell: 170. Highest first-class score (Previous best: 136 v Wellington at Whangarei in 2012/13)

vandem

International 12th Man
Sawn off, by Jamieson's convincing Broad-like appeal.
Hats off to Cleaver for accepting the ump mistake and walking off.

No need to do what Ticker did, you can make the same point in 5 secs by a shrug, rubbing your arm, then going.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Why is it (the Cleaver decision) obviously an umpiring mistake? Very hard to tell from behind the batsman imo.

vandem

International 12th Man
Why is it (the Cleaver decision) obviously an umpiring mistake? Very hard to tell from behind the batsman imo.
Jamieson is very tall, ball kept a little lower than his stock back-of-a-length ball (which is perhaps why the umpire said out), but impact was top of flap of batsman on tip-toes, and ball is still climbing on impact.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Hats off to Cleaver for accepting the ump mistake and walking off.

No need to do what Ticker did, you can make the same point in 5 secs by a shrug, rubbing your arm, then going.
Ha, I don't think Cleaver did that at all. He stared for a bit, shrugged his shoulders then wacked his thigh pad. In Tickner's defence, it did look high arm.

A great round for umpire 'dissent' or disapproval, I recall at least 5-6 from the Auckland game alone plus a few at the Basin.

Also full marks to Ben Wheeler, who got caught trying to play aerially past a short mid on and an orthodox mid on.

jcas0167

International Debutant
That's a shame, for Cleaver and CD. Cleaver looks capable of stepping up to international level, but there is a bit of a queue at the moment. I'm not sure who is behind Blundell in terms of the test pecking order.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
All it took was a nasty break-up with Sky, and now NZC begin their tentative steps towards providing a means by which to view 5-15 consecutive minutes of Plunket Shield, with graphics telling you who's batting and who's bowling. Just don't get all self-conscious about the view counts and pack it in, I suppose. You'll eventually have the tech to get more games in HD resolution and audio, and be moving towards something that's legitimately pretty decent to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/user/NZCTV/videos

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Exam season keeping Parkes out of Otago A, or just too quiet at club level, I wonder.

I'll have to go back and have a closer look at those Gilette Cup streams, because Phillips really was a pretty atrocious miscasting as a FC No. 3 on a green seamer in R1.

Hmm, may also struggle like hell in FC with the bossy bottom hand, I suppose. That nice stylish shaping of his offside boundaries may also lend itself to <130 speeds, we'll see.

Last edited:

jcas0167

International Debutant
Yes, I hope Uni exams is the reason. Otago A also features Llew Johnson who replaced Neesham a couple of years ago as a 17 year old.

Nice to see my favourite Canterbury hope Ken McClure is getting some runs in that game. He seemed to be pushing for NZ A honours a few seasons ago.

nzfan

Firebirds missing five of their players from the last game Hamish Bennett, Rachin Ravindra, Ollie Newton, Jimmy Neesham and Ben Sears.

I was hoping to take off tomorrow from work and go watch Ravindra and Sears. That's disappointing. Looks like half the team is injured.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Some of the cleverer players under 22 have withdrawn themselves from their Plunket Shield squads at this time of the season in the past.

nzfan

I think Firebirds are going to get smashed unless the pitch is different from the last game i.e. more of a batting track. If the ball is seaming all over the place like in the last game we have no chance with Canterbury fielding their full squad and test match players in the line up. Firebirds' only chance is to bat on a road and bat long.

Jeet Raval needs some runs in the next couple of games. The first test is still 20+ days away and should get good time in the middle by then but good if he gets a big one.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, Vic Uni looks to have dealt a blow to Wellington's chances. They desperately need van Beek to rediscover his 17/18 incarnation to have any chance here you feel.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Nuttall looks very floaty these days, definitely lost a yard of pace since his problems with injuries a few years back.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Nuttall looks very floaty these days, definitely lost a yard of pace since his problems with injuries a few years back.
Does aye? Myself and someone else took task with his lack of effort last week, but it looks like it's how he's operating at present.

Blundell, and potentially Fletcher, adding to a good growing list of dismissal dissenters this season.

nzfan

Conway smashing it as usual, four fours in a row off Hazeldine (one of them was a edge). Tom Blundell and Conway were going along smoothly till Tom given out LBW. As usual there is a lot of shaking of head, showing the bat suggesting he hit it to the camera. I think the NZC should get a bit tougher and tell the players to walk if given out rather than throw a hiss. Given out is out, the umpire isn't going to change his decision. I understand the players are disappointed and lot rides on their form but seen too many players showing their displeasure in the middle. Umpires at first class are not all that great we know that but then neither are the players. Like there's less quality in play at first class so is umpiring. It's as simple as that.