• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2019/20

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Weerasundara's club cricket results have really slumped.

It's bizarre that Younghusband hasn't bowled a ball in that ND A game yet. A big onus on Ravindra's bowling prowess is going to be on the cards, and we'll be seeing more time at the bowling crease for the domestic U19 tourney's high wicket-taker from 2009, Michael Bracewell.
Younghusband injured as well and can't bowl rest of the season I hear from the sources.

nzfan

wellington should be brave and give sears the new ball in bennetts absence. domestic attacks are getting spicier by the year (compare the 140+ now to 2010) and you might not have the shiny new toy for long before new zealand A and then the black caps claim him.

southee, boult and wagner are all north of 30. the next tier could all be test regulars very quickly.
If not the new ball at least he should be bowling first change. Here we have the country's second fastest bowler and he bowled 4th change in the last game.

nzfan

On that new double lacquered or new leather lining on the Kookaburra ball that is being trailed at domestic cricket for this and the next game aids extended periods of swing and seam movement. This was trialed in Aussie end of last year. Kookaburra trying hard to compete with Dukes. Dukes does way too much. I couldn't get bat to ball during my time in UK initially. Even a 110k club bowler would beat the bat endlessly even after 40 overs. I used to feel like please just get me out, can't go through this **** of getting beaten every other ball. Once the hot weather kicked in, it was good value for shots the ball came off the bat harder.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Nathan Smith may be reaching his prime just as CdG is ready to depart the test side batting all-rounder slot. Jamieson perhaps long term bowling all-rounder.
Yes, he'll be around, plus Daryl Mitchell as CDG #2. Between those and all the batsmen coming through who can bowl part-time spin, we should be good for 5th/6th bowlers.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Thorn Parkes getting some runs batting at number 3 for Northern Districts A. I guess he hasn't headed back to Otago yet. The real star in that game though has been Mahe Drysdale's brother Peter scoring 120 batting number 6.

Good to see Cooper and Joe Carter getting runs against a decent Auckland attack. Cooper must be edging closer to a NZ A call-up. Former under 19 star Ken McClure's comeback is going well following up his 150 last round with 98 although Duffy & Rae had the final say in that game.

Last edited:

Chewie

Cooper was in the NZ XI for India's warmup game so can't be too far away - depends on if they want to keep persisting with Rutherford, or with Young as an opener (presumably one of the openers should be Ravindra)

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
ND looked on their way to their first FC victory of the season having Auckland 108/5 early in the day, but Chapman and Horne ruining their party. Probably not by actually winning it (though it's possible), but should be able to bat out the remaining 23 overs you'd think.

nzfan

Special inning coming up by both Chapman and Horne. The pitch looks flat and both Santner and Sodhi both going for plenty of runs on the last day pitch. This will be a monumental effort to win the game from here. Delport outbowling Santner and Sodhi in this match.

nzfan

Why has Ish only bowled 2 overs? On a last day pitch? Sure he took a bit of a tap but you would bowl your experienced bowlers lot more you'd think.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
It looks like Baker and his sedate but accurate mediums is the only effective bowling option here

Time for S00per C00per: NZ edition

Howsie

International Captain
His action (Ish) has really fallen to bits. I was talking to someone last week and they reckon he has the yips, God knows why he’s even playing if that is the case.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
His action (Ish) has really fallen to bits. I was talking to someone last week and they reckon he has the yips, God knows why he’s even playing if that is the case.
Ish himself doesn't seem to think so, so this is either old news, a massive difference opinion between Ish himself and other people around the squad, or just BS from your mate.

He was down in confidence early in the season but he's actually feeling great about his red ball bowling at the moment, at least from a training perspective. Obviously not having a great time of it in this game but he was full of confidence going into it with no yips detected.

vandem

International 12th Man
Bugger. Dropped into EPOO twice yesterday to watch some play, today assumed at 5-150 the game was heading to a sedate draw, so went for a post-work beer and didn't check on scores.

I watched ND beat Auckland in Ford Trophy earlier this season, with Joe Walker taking some key wickets with his off-spin, perhaps ND selectors have the wrong spinner in the Plunket Shield side?

Howsie

International Captain
Ish himself doesn't seem to think so, so this is either old news, a massive difference opinion between Ish himself and other people around the squad, or just BS from your mate.

He was down in confidence early in the season but he's actually feeling great about his red ball bowling at the moment, at least from a training perspective. Obviously not having a great time of it in this game but he was full of confidence going into it with no yips detected.
I don’t know, for a guy who has been pretty dominant in the PS for 2-3 seasons now for him to only bowl 3.5 overs with Auckland chasing down 350 on the last day might be saying a lot... It’s strange at the very least.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I don’t know, for a guy who has been pretty dominant in the PS for 2-3 seasons now for him to only bowl 3.5 overs with Auckland chasing down 350 on the last day might be saying a lot... It’s strange at the very least.
And when Santner was clearly bowling a shower of ****. There should be 50 spinners ahead of him in the Test reckoning now - which is insane for a guy picked on merit about 4-5 Tests ago. He's awful in whites.