• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2019/20

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah is admittedly a complete rookie regarding subtle off-speed variation or hitting an unnatural length on demand or that stuff they'd rate for the format. Very disappointing if they go the entire comp and festive season not displaying the country's new rapid RF thudding it into gloves and whizzing it past helmets in the format most orientated towards public viewership though, for sure.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Ben Sears is injured lads, he didn't play the WPL or is available for the club game. He'll be back as soon as he's fit.

nzfan

Terrific game today Auckland vs the Otago. Excellent performances from Ripping, Phillips, Nathan Smith and Broom.

Was expecting lots from Corey Anderson but he barely put bat to ball. Not great to see a top class player so out of it.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Let me know if you think that cartwheeling stump of Rhys Mariu's at 1:20 is actually a really mean thing to include in the one I put out to a wider audience! It's been a tough task to find a little bit of video where Mariu's up to something very good. nzfan to maybe help out with just a quick two boundaries taken from that 100 he got against Australia, via the pooch. The 10 July game it was.

Howsie

International Captain
Excellent start up on Sky Sport 9. Amazing shots in the second over from Cleaver vs. Kuggs. Fisher bowling with good pace, but the old problem Howsie raised of him maybe not having too much through the air has him skidding onto the bat nicely. Worker's pull shot put an early one of his over the grandstand and lost the ball, on top of that.
Yeah I’ve never really seen him move the ball through the air, but at 20 with the sort of pace he’s bowling with he does have a lot to work with. Just needs to get that body right and hit a proper good length and he should be right.

nzfan

Let me know if you think that cartwheeling stump of Rhys Mariu's at 1:20 is actually a really mean thing to include in the one I put out to a wider audience! It's been a tough task to find a little bit of video where Mariu's up to something very good. nzfan to maybe help out with just a quick two boundaries taken from that 100 he got against Australia, via the pooch. The 10 July game it was.
On its way to your email, check your email mate.

Flem274*

123/5
i don't mind sears not playing all formats. we want international fast bowlers, not confused matt henrys, doug bracewells and adam milnes who get stuck between formats

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
i don't mind sears not playing all formats. we want international fast bowlers, not confused matt henrys, doug bracewells and adam milnes who get stuck between formats
Yes Sears might've enjoyed that Stuart Broad remit. In fact, I suppose he nearly Caddick'd on his affinity for New Zealand to be living it.

Bounces Test cricketers out, maybe a little bit of county cricket to tune up the engine. Rarely seen hitting a wide hole for cash.

Last edited:

nzfan

Firebirds win on the back of bowling effort today. Good bowling over all but in specific Jeetan Patel and Rachin Ravindra in tandem squeezed the life out of Canterbury batting. Jeetan Patel and Ravindra together gave 30 runs off 8 overs picking up 4 wickets between them. Patel 3 for 16 off 4. I have always said Jeetan should be done but now that he's done feel sad about it.

Batting wise Firebirds struggled, pretty much everyone hacked to get runs but for Ravindra. Ravindra was bloody good, shame he didn't go on but every ball he played it looked like he was in control and looked very comfortable. He can hit big too...

Hamish Bennett was bowling gas.

Cole McConchie bowled like a beast. Good batsman, good bowler and equally good fielder. I would think he's going to play for Black Caps in white ball cricket fair bit.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Just noticed that there are some players named on standby for the Under 19 WC:

Standby Players:

Angus Sidey – Canterbury
Ryan Jackson – Wellington
Devan Vishvaka - Wellington
Lucas Dasent – Auckland
Tom Dunlop – Canterbury

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes I looked into how Nick Lidstone miraculously got an edge over Zohrab and Vishvaka at the eleventh hour there; he's sort of the prettiest Kane Williamson batsman of the age group, even a Christ's College choirboy in his spare time. Last week was billed as his comeback to rep cricket after a labral tear picked up in a hockey trial two years ago.

Wiseman would've been delving into the dodgy territory of asking for a second "he's just got promising aesthetics, I think he has a high ceiling to him and he's from my city" card to get Curtis Millard on tour. Sidey is there in the reserves, but more reinforced by national tourney stats.

Last edited:

Immenso

^^ Sidey looked good. Sidey and O'Rourke were the 2 pacemen I liked most, until seeing your behind the arm footage of Millard.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes nice mechanics to it. Always felt he might be another one of those Canterbury seamers who'll nibble it off the deck and get good stats in U17/U19 tournaments, but look a little too tame when the camera's behind the arm. I never got the view.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
another one of those Canterbury seamers who'll nibble it off the deck and get good stats in U17/U19 tournaments
I mean I say this, but I should know from the draft points by now that Matt McEwan and Will Williams will actually take it much further, take it all the way to the bank in FC.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kuggeleijn following up his 4-0-60-0 from the other night with 2-0-25-0 so far tonight. Love it.